Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-24-2023, 03:37 PM   #61
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
I wish this was the 1/2 scale. Instead of the one we got, awkward pose and odd proportions.
I said the same thing on page 2.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 05:17 AM   #62
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

The more I look at this, the more I'm actually thinking about getting this.

I'm totally running out of space as it is.

And I just bought the 1/3 Captain Kirk on a whim. To kind of go with my Tomy diecast Enterprise.

I'll probably have to cancel my Prime 1 Peacemaker and Pattison The Batman pieces.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:30 AM   #63
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
The more I look at this, the more I'm actually thinking about getting this.

I'm totally running out of space as it is.

And I just bought the 1/3 Captain Kirk on a whim. To kind of go with my Tomy diecast Enterprise.

I'll probably have to cancel my Prime 1 Peacemaker and Pattison The Batman pieces.
Would you go for clean or damaged version? I'm in the same boat, this is tempting, especially if this is where Queen are going with future releases. I think John said they will slow down releases and only release two 1/3 a year.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 02:54 PM   #64
Singuy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Would you go for clean or damaged version? I'm in the same boat, this is tempting, especially if this is where Queen are going with future releases. I think John said they will slow down releases and only release two 1/3 a year.
IMO always go with the battle damaged version for any machine used for war. You are buying the story the piece is telling. This is why modelers usually apply a layer of weathering to weapons of war like tanks and jeeps.
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 03:30 PM   #65
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Battle damaged all the way, the effect is really well done here.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 04:09 PM   #66
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
Originally I was thinking I’ll go for the clean version. As I’ve got the 1/2 scale Mark 3 BD on order.

But I just rewatched that scene from Avengers where they group together in a circle and he’s already quite battle damaged in that one. For some reason I thought he was cleaner.

He pretty much was only clean after first suiting up and blasting Loki. After that the next couple of times he was in a hovering pose (before and after the first whale) he was more than a bit battle damaged.

But I think he’s more battle damaged than he ever was. Or rather it looks like Queen took a bit of artistic license with a bit of the BD. Some of it is pretty exact, except for the right side of the breast plate.