Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #101
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Given a direct sequel with the original cast seems all but impossible at this point it would at least be nice to see a new generation ushered in with cameos from a few of the originals to kind of pass the torch. Nothing about this all woman cast sounds interesting or in line with what has come before it. Feels like nothing more than a studio's attempt to cash in on an iconic franchise.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #102
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
I guess with Ramis gone, Murray not interested and Reitman not directing, they decided to go with the reboot route with a female team.

I still think there will be some connection to the original films along with passing on the torch by Aykroyd and Hudson.

even if there is connection with the original film.
i dont see this film being any good. or as good as the originals.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #103
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Given a direct sequel with the original cast seems all but impossible at this point it would at least be nice to see a new generation ushered in with cameos from a few of the originals to kind of pass the torch. Nothing about this all woman cast sounds interesting or in line with what has come before it. Feels like nothing more than a studio's attempt to cash in on an iconic franchise.
i would have to be inclined to agree with you on that. you couldn't be more right HB.
look im not a sexist but come on. why does it have to be an ALL woman cast? why cant there be a male on the team? :
oh lets me guess, the male will be the secretary this time around..lol
i know this probably isn't whats going to happen but watch them all be the daughters of the GBs. each will have their own little quirk that represents each of the original members of the GBs.. i know thats way out there but that just came to mind..
Old 10-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #104
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I can totally understand adding female GBs, no problem with that, but I don't see the reason for them to all be female. I also don't see a need to reboot it completely, if that's what the plan is. It's totally plausible to me that the OG GBs would more than likely have either retired or franchised their operation by now. I see this franchise having a lot of potential, but making it an all female squad might limit some of that potential. Either way I'll give it a shot for now, we'll see how I feel as it get's closer to release.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #105
DynamicMenace

well its not a reboot. will be a whole different animal form what i understand. and from the article that Spideristic posted in the last page.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #106
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well its not a reboot. will be a whole different animal form what i understand. and from the article that Spideristic posted in the last page.
Well, to me it sounds like it is a reboot. They're completely re-starting from scratch according to the director. That's a reboot, no?
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #107
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

It's not a remake, but it's indeed a hard reboot. The original films will not be referenced. Ghost sightings are something new and not yet credible during the beginning of this film.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #108
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Meh.
Just meh.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

If all this holds true I seriously doubt I'll bother with this film. Just sounds like something I wouldn't enjoy at all. Not sure what they're thinking as it clearly isn't being aimed at fans of the original.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #110
DynamicMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Well, to me it sounds like it is a reboot. They're completely re-starting from scratch according to the director. That's a reboot, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
It's not a remake, but it's indeed a hard reboot. The original films will not be referenced. Ghost sightings are something new and not yet credible during the beginning of this film.
ah yes. i misunderstood. reboot it is.