Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #531
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

^^
+1 !
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #532
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Are the new "Big 7" Justice Leaguers going to be the following?

Aquaman, Green Lanter, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, the Flash and Cyborg.

If so, is Cyborg getting a push in order to fill the need for an armored hero? (Think Iron Man in the Avengers.)

Is Martian Manhunter going to be around?
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #533
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Are the new "Big 7" Justice Leaguers going to be the following?

Aquaman, Green Lanter, Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, the Flash and Cyborg.

If so, is Cyborg getting a push in order to fill the need for an armored hero? (Think Iron Man in the Avengers.)

Is Martian Manhunter going to be around?
Believe MM is going to be part of Stormwatch if I remember the solicits correctly....
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #534
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDGUY View Post
Believe MM is going to be part of Stormwatch if I remember the solicits correctly....
That rings a bell, thanks.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #535
Fanboy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Came across an article http://www.titanstower.com/monitor/?p=7486 regarding the Teen Titans and how the majority of their history is going to be wiped away. Seems the problem is that since the seem to be making the heroes younger, it's hard to explain how the Teen Titans came into existence.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about this and will be picking up 7 of the new titles (down from 16), but it seems with each piece of news it's becoming more difficult. I remember when I used to read about these summits that would get held within the publishing companies and how all of the creators involved would map out how the large events would be tied into everything they were doing on their perspective titles. This just sounds like they are making it up as they go along.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #536
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
Came across an article http://www.titanstower.com/monitor/?p=7486 regarding the Teen Titans and how the majority of their history is going to be wiped away. Seems the problem is that since the seem to be making the heroes younger, it's hard to explain how the Teen Titans came into existence.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about this and will be picking up 7 of the new titles (down from 16), but it seems with each piece of news it's becoming more difficult. I remember when I used to read about these summits that would get held within the publishing companies and how all of the creators involved would map out how the large events would be tied into everything they were doing on their perspective titles. This just sounds like they are making it up as they go along.

I think a lot of writers & the big 2 have adopted this practice. Throwing themselves into storylines, concepts and ideas that are all great out the gate, but then crumble under their own wait when the damn writer can't come up with a plausable exit strategy. Now, I bail as soon as I see this happen ...forever. & my pull list just keeps getting smaller.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote