Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
EPIC Weapons World of Warcraft DOOMHAMMER!!! Pics & Review

Hi everyone, I just received this massive World of Warcraft Doomhammer made by Epic Weapons. Let me start off by letting everyone know this is the official Doomhammer with actual metal, leather, wood grain and other machined part. This hammer is HEAAVVVYYY! It's so top heavy that I can not pick it up off the ground when it is lying flat. What that tells me is not only do I need to hit the weights, but it feels like trying to lift mjolnir. The hammer itself is about 20 lbs. but since it's so top heavy, it feels like it weighs 60 lbs. No joke.

Anyways, here is a nice little review and a few pics to show off this massive, well made, well detailed and heavy hammer held proudly by Thrall passed down by Orgrim Doomhammer.

REVIEW

If any of you enjoy replicas like Mjolnir, Captain America's Shield and other such things, this hammer is an absolute MUST buy! I can't stress enough just how much lore and story is behind World of Warcraft (on par with Star Wars) with countless books done, both in novel and comic form. Thrall out of all the major characters is my absolute favorite. I just love his persona, the way he carries himself, and his appreciation of the elements. For those that don't know, Thrall is a shaman and prior to Cataclysm was the Horde Warchief. The story of him is great, but is far preceeded by others long before him. Read the depiction on the box I shot (see pic).

Anyways, firstly, this hammer is huge, and makes Thor's hammer Mjolnir look like a flimsy play mallet. The amount of detail (as you can see in the pics) is just downright jawdropping. It is every bit as impressive as the Frostmourne sword in terms of its professionally made appearance and execution. In addition to the detail, it is extremely heavy. I can not pick it up with one hand, and one needs to hands to hold it and maintain balance. There are over 18 machined parts (according to Epic description) and there is so many different materials that comprise Doomhammer. The shaft/handle is a thick wood of some kind that is wrapped in genuine authentic leather (the good kind). The wolf insignia on the front and back face of the hammer are exquisitely detailed. The base is specifically made for the hammer and it sits on the base perfectly. It will now become the centerpiece of my display.

I urge anyone on the fence to get it. Do not delay as this will not have nearly the edition size of Frostmourne (still the greatest individual sword I have ever seen or held in my hands). I got this all for just under $400. Do not tarry. Anyways, I am extremely happy and I also managed to get a very, very low number at 47. If I ever decide to sell it once it sells out, I am not letting it go for anything less than a $1K.

A word of warning and caution. Do not let this hammer fall on your foot less you want to lose it permanently. Also, the edges of the hammer are very sharp and if thrown at someone will kill them immediately. No joke! If someone tries to ever invade my home, he's getting a hammer to the head from Doomhammer and then get a Wolverine sharp blade like claw to the neck. "Don't frik with daddy!"

Craftsmanship = 10
Details = 10
Authenticity = 10
Weight = 10
Extras = N/A
Base = 9

Overall = 10 This the best damn hammer ever made. At least that I have ever seen. Everything is solid, heavy, and beautifully crafted! This is perfection at it's finest!

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
loricstone
Kang

Old 07-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Looks great man! Still waiting on mine. It displays quite well.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
wanderlai
The Tick

I'll have to 100% get one now to go with my Epic Weapons Frostmourne sword. Thanks for the review loricstone.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
cocopup96
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I got mine 3 weeks ago (#27 I think). It is heavy as hell and feels sturdy. However the head is so heavy that it really has no "balance" in your hand. It feels quite unwieldly.
cocopup96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:11 AM   #6
loricstone
Kang

Indeed but it isn't meant to be handled. I can see how it would take someone so strong and big like Thrall to wield this as a weapon. Its like trying to lift Thor's hammer mjolnir with one hand.