Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #21
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
CRAP CRAP CRAP glad I stopped getting the comics years ago. But my point is Sorry DC your not going to get new readers doing this your going to piss off the readers you do have by changing the characters they grew up with even more than you have. The next generation does not give 2 craps about superhero comics you should have just been happy that the last 2 generations have kept buying the books you have been putting out....
well said
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:49 PM   #22
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

geez, DC has out-Marveled Marvel. Rebooting every single comic? Seems like a good time for people to say good bye to the books.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
geez, DC has out-Marveled Marvel. Rebooting every single comic? Seems like a good time for people to say good bye to the books.
you said it honestly this will be the end of DC comics. they will loose their loyal fan base that have stuck with them for the opportunity to try and sell new versions of 70+ year old characters.. soo lemme guess Batman will now be a teenager whose parents were killed by a terrorist bombing or some thing like that... ughh oh and he will be a goth emo kid who has anti social tendencies
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack View Post
digital or print...$2.99 or $3.99 per issue is too expensive..imo!
The digital comics are just as much as physical comics? That doesn't seem right...

Quote:
CRAP CRAP CRAP glad I stopped getting the comics years ago. But my point is Sorry DC your not going to get new readers doing this your going to piss off the readers you do have by changing the characters they grew up with even more than you have. The next generation does not give 2 craps about superhero comics you should have just been happy that the last 2 generations have kept buying the books you have been putting out....
Here's the crazy part - people STILL fall for the #1 gimmick - they see a #1 on the cover and pick it up... so this will help sales - for a short time - but then the sales will be worse than ever.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #25
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

they just redesigned Wonder Woman a little over a year ago and are they going to redesign her again?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 PM   #26
chrissnorek
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
you said it honestly this will be the end of DC comics. they will loose their loyal fan base that have stuck with them for the opportunity to try and sell new versions of 70+ year old characters.. soo lemme guess Batman will now be a teenager whose parents were killed by a terrorist bombing or some thing like that... ughh oh and he will be a goth emo kid who has anti social tendencies
So why do you care? You state at every opportunity that you don't read comics anymore. Clearly they lost you a long time ago.

Frankly why should anyone care about the opinion of someone (or anyone) who thinks comics attained perfection thirty years ago? This is now. Neal Adams, Marshall Rogers and Jim Aparo are not drawing Batman anymore. In the here and now you're missing out on amazing work by Tony Daniel, Jock and Chris Burnham.
chrissnorek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #27
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It's going to be a "Brand New Day" at DC!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #28
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Man, I am totally going to buy 10 copies of each #1.

Then in Decemeber Marvel will relaunch all of their titles with #1.2 issues.

All that sweet cash.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #29
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I hate this, though I can't see it lasting. If Didio is looking to appeal to todays audience he needs to simply have good creative teams put out good books on time. I'm sorry I will be 40 in August and the youngest comic readers are probably around 30. It's the 30-50 year old's who are keeping this format alive. Whether you make a book available digitally or not you will NOT attract that many new readers for the long haul. The "fanboys" keep this alive. I also can NOT believe they would stop publishing Action, Detective, Superman Batman with the high numbering that they have. This is a test like Marvel's Heroes Reborn 1 year fiasco which Jim Lee was a part of. Some books may stick ala Marvel's Ultimate line, but I see things going back to normal sooner than later. Please someone let me know when this happens so I can start buying DC again. Well Marvel looks like I may have extra money a month after all. Geoff Johns I am disappointed in you. So long DC.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #30
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Man, I am totally going to buy 10 copies of each #1.

Then in Decemeber Marvel will relaunch all of their titles with #1.2 issues.

All that sweet cash.
You're going to love it in a year when DC goes back to original numbering...
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote