Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 04-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #21
demonhunter
Kingpin

I just read Issue 1. I think I may need to read the prologues like AVX #0. Because the beginning part was very cliche.

One of the strongest warriors/heroes falls.
Critically or very severely injured...he musters enough strength to utter a warning: "It(Doom) is coming!"

One group of people are trying to stop the "impending" disaster that is forewarned. One group of people want to bring forth this "disaster" for they believe it is their destiny and rebirth.

And thus begins a great battle between these 2 groups.

The art style is not my cup of tea. Just a preference for different style. He's a great artist. John Romita Jr. I remember reading his work in The Spiderman Clone saga when I was a school boy.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #22
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Two things that annoy me about Marvel:

1. Too many stories of heroes fighting heroes
2. Turning villians to heroes because they are popular.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #23
punisher129
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Avengers vs X-Men 0 has outstanding artwork. Cho should be doing the whole series.
punisher129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #24
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
Avengers vs X-Men 0 has outstanding artwork. Cho should be doing the whole series.
If they did that they would never make deadlines and all the main book would be late...but the crossovers that might have spoilers could come out first...

Why can't MARVEL get the whole event in the can before you even solicit the damn thing???
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
costell2
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
He was in water, which could have something to do with it, but because his blast is concussive force, Cap shouldn't have gone anywhere...

Just one of several reasons why I won't be going to issue 2
you know... I have been thinking about this.... and while I am not saying you or fenix is wrong, but by the definition of the shield and its properties, if ANYTHING (anything at all) hits the shield, it absorbs impact without anyhting happening to the holder. Basically it displaces any and all things....

If that is the case.... it really is something that goes against virtually all stories involving Capatain America when his shield is struck. outside when things were retconned by Marvel when Steve had a different shield.... When anything strikes the shield, he would stand there like nothing ever happened nor should he have to brace himself.... He technically would not even have to hold on to the shield tightly.... as efverythign is absorbed....

yes, and as I say this in my head, i realize I am talking about an imaginary object in an imaginary world.... LOL......

I guess in my head, I would imagine while the shield can take large amounts of kinetic energy, but yet, it does not stop all 100% of the kinetic energy.... therfore, it would throw him back... whether it be Cyclops, Thor, Hulk, etc....

I dont know.... like maybe it absorbs like 95% of the kinetic energy.... I dont know.... whatever.... I guess I never thought about it... i jsut always thought there was SOME realism to this fantasy world....

but whatever.... We all have our own thoughts about things...... and some things (however minor or major) that cause us to think it is/is not "realistic" and "that would never happen because of this or that"............ and cause us not to want to read a book because that "jsut could never happen" and "this is why Marvel sucks" point of view....

Storywise, it would have not made Cyclops seem as powerful as he is or the point would not have been made if Cap just poped up his shield with his extraordinary reflexes and jsut stood there and laughed at Cyclops... it just would not have been as dramatic. (Well, actually, it would have been dramatic and also some foreshadowing what will come.That the X-Men are just unmatched in this battle) My point is, "So what. I am still going to read the story"

Then again, I never really understood why Cyclops was affected by Vulcan's powers (in Deadly Genesis) because they are brothers and they are not effected by the others powers.... nor why Vulcan "bent" Cyclops beam in the first place... it would have no effect anyway.... Again, my point, "So what. I am still going to read the story" Its an unrealistic story for a made up world where people have super powers.... which is unrealistic by nature.... its a fantasy world. Its my escape from reality for a period of time.
costell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #26
twisterred
Luke Cage

Doesn't Cap's shield have a flaw in it now from the events of Fear Itself? Maybe Cykes optic beams caught flaw giving them a purchase on the shield making it hard to deflect the beams?
twisterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #27
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Good story but I will agree the art work of some of the characters seemed a little off. Oh well though.. besides Hope and the Phoenix being the main point of the story, I am looking forward to some good brawls.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #28
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Art work blows but I enjoyed the story. Looking forward to #2.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #29
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher129 View Post
Agreed.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #30
Great fox
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Don't like the artwork one bit!!

Talking about Cap's shield absorption, it can't absorb 100% of the impact, because if it did, it would never bounce back off things when he threw it.
Great fox is offline   Reply With Quote