Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-20-2021, 01:46 PM   #881
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
UK leaving EU could be a reason?
That would only affect goods coming in from the EU
US to UK remains the same. I think somewhere along the line something else has been tacked on to imports recently. I has gone up to the point of making the overpriced ebay shipping program look normal, which it isn't, as it has always been way over priced.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:31 PM   #882
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Placed an order for Elektra (Black Costume Variant)

Fact is, the 'hobby' has become too expensive
For some reason, UK Import Duty/Tax appears to have increased from 20% to way beyond that?

$585.00 - Elektra
$98.16 - Shipping DHL
$193.57 - Duty/Tax
-$19.20 - SSC Rewards
------------------------------
$857.53 - Total

The good news is, rather than using my hard earned cash, i got lucky trading ADA Cardano and pulled in $1495.00 in less than a week

ADA Cardano
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=169585
I had similar ridiculous charges recently with Mr Freeze. It definitely has got more expensive recently. I refused to pay and sent a price enquiry to DHL. They actually released it to me while they are looking into it. I know it wouldn't have been possible with elektra ex but ordering from a UK supplier now works out about £100 cheaper. Maybe their prices will go up too though. But yeah, getting to be silly prices and why I'm selling off and getting out for the most part. There's other stuff to collect that is just as enjoyable and better value for money. Ive sold everything from collections of marvel legends to hot toys and have always been able to turn a profit until I started selling my sideshow stuff. Lucky if you can break even on that. Xm is the same tbf. Its rare for these pieces to hold their value as most people can't afford them in the first place.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:48 AM   #883
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ten View Post
I had similar ridiculous charges recently with Mr Freeze. It definitely has got more expensive recently. I refused to pay and sent a price enquiry to DHL. They actually released it to me while they are looking into it. I know it wouldn't have been possible with elektra ex but ordering from a UK supplier now works out about £100 cheaper. Maybe their prices will go up too though. But yeah, getting to be silly prices and why I'm selling off and getting out for the most part. There's other stuff to collect that is just as enjoyable and better value for money. Ive sold everything from collections of marvel legends to hot toys and have always been able to turn a profit until I started selling my sideshow stuff. Lucky if you can break even on that. Xm is the same tbf. Its rare for these pieces to hold their value as most people can't afford them in the first place.
I sent an enquiry to DHL yesterday. I fully expect there to be a reply stating that all is correct. It would be good to know what the extra 10% ($100) on top of the usual 20% is being used for?

As for my collection. I have no plans on selling. The time probably has come to stop collecting, or pick up one piece once in a blue moon.
Old 03-21-2021, 03:17 AM   #884
nearmint
Phoenix

I just uploaded the Secret Sanctuary review.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:29 AM   #885
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Both look good. I spotted that the hair appeared to look darker in the Sideshow pic. Personally i prefer the red one. Has the magnet that holds the waist part in place been upgraded to stronger magnets?
Old 03-21-2021, 03:31 AM   #886
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I like the black version better than the red version. But I also have to pay almost 900 euros and it is not worth it to me.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:44 AM   #887
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I like the black version better than the red version. But I also have to pay almost 900 euros and it is not worth it to me.
I also in the same situation... TAX on top is the reason I dont step in... the statue itself looks great in black.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:13 AM   #888
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I sent an enquiry to DHL yesterday. I fully expect there to be a reply stating that all is correct. It would be good to know what the extra 10% ($100) on top of the usual 20% is being used for?

As for my collection. I have no plans on selling. The time probably has come to stop collecting, or pick up one piece once in a blue moon.
From what I understand they are now adding on 'duty' as well as VAT. Probably a case of the UK government checking down the side of the sofa for pennies to pay off the billions they have splurged elsewhere over the last year. In my case they released the package at least even though I've not yet paid and an enquiry is ongoing. I can't help but feel this will be a jumping off point for a lot of UK / non US collectors, or at least a case of cutting way back as you say.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:35 AM   #889
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I just watched that. Thank you for quickly uploading that for my viewing pleasure! I have to say, seeing them side by side, I prefer the black.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 09:33 AM   #890
victory
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Great review Jeff! In the side by side comparison, it looks as they don’t have the same vertical alignment. Do notice a slight lean on the black? Or is it just her angle in front of the camera?
victory is offline   Reply With Quote