Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #11
metalsquid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
First off, approach this in a professional manner. Speculating as to intent or what happened (eg caiming a UPS employee stole your item) is not going to help with obtaining a refund. The item never arrived, pure and simple. What happened to it is largely irrelevant.

Second, review the terms of your agreement with the seller. Did his ad state something like: "I will not be responsible for lost or damages items." If so, you likely cannot get a replacement item from him bc you agreed to this term when you purchased the guitar. If there is no such provision, you should be able to seek various remedies against the seller.

How did you pay? Paypal? File a claim of nonrecepit. Credit Card? Contact the CC company. First inquire about product replacement. Second place a hold on teh charge because you did not receive the item.

Lastly, UPS has a contract with the seller. If they reimburse the seller any monies, you are entitled to that as a refund. Request that he and UPS CC you on all correspondence regarding this issue.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, above all us be nice and professional. If you start throwing out wild accusations, no one will want to help you. If you accept that the item was lost and approach it in a non-confrontatiopnal manner people will help you.

BTW, what guitar did you purchase?
hi underdog, it was a USA BC Rich ST III. paid through paypal. yeah i am trying to be as professional about this as i can. i have not been confrontational in my correspondence with the seller so far, though i came close with the last reply from him. so i posted on here first to vent and gripe a bit before i reply. i agree speculating as to what happened to the parcel isn't relevant. that was/is just me venting. in 10 years on ebay usps has only lost my international shipments once or twice. but they were small ticket items and i did not pay for insurance or tracking. what i don't get is how ups can lose a big parcel that has to be checked in and out wherever it goes and didn't even leave the country of origin!
metalsquid is offline   Reply With Quote