Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-26-2015, 06:44 PM   #1091
dao2
Cyclops

Well if it doesn't make as many it's certainly not as successful as hoped :P But no, when you set a high ES and don't reach it that's not necessarily a failure, it certainly shows less interest though. TBH if there wasn't a regular vs of battlecat I think it would have all sold ;p but unsure if that's less or more total pieces.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #1092
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Theres a weird, non-understanding of economics that seems to happen on collectibles forums where people feel that if something doesnt sell out its a failure.
I think you forget the simple fact that it is the internet.

I am pretty sure at this point in you career, you have a bit more understanding on how you run your own business than others.

I do not agree with some of the pieces you release or the pose or the color, etc. But I am that one collector that is looking for X,Y,Z. You on the other hand, are the creator and supplier of said collectibles, collectors like me are collecting. So you must take into account the masses to a degree. Else PCS wouldn't be able to do what it has been doing.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:07 AM   #1093
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Skeletor + Panthor

Regarding possible skeletor+panthor poses and art style. I really hope that PCS stays in the same style as the He-Man+Battlecat combo. To me this style is a realistic representation of the original toy line as depicted on the incredible box cover artwork done primarily by Rudy Obrero. This guy's artwork was the main influence for me pre-ordering the PCS He-man Battlecat combo, something about the statue just reminded me of Rudy Obrero's Box Art that I loved as a kid. As a matter of fact when I heard that the combo pack was going to include a print, I was sure that it would be one of Rudy's, really disappointed that it wasn't.
I actually met Rudy Obrero at the last Powercon where he was selling signed copies of some of his prints. Funny story was that he had no idea what had become of the original paintings once he sold them to Mattel and during a forum with some of the execs I asked about his paintings and one of the execs there told a story about being responsible for saving them from being demolished in their old building, after that he said that he took a couple home and locked the rest away in the Mattel vault waiting to be displayed in a Mattel Museum that they one day hope to construct. Either way, I just hope that I have the same reaction when I see the Skeletor Panthor combo as I did with He-Man and Rudy's artwork. Here are a couple of examples, you tell me if the PCS He-Man and Battlecat aren't based on this artwork (the first pic is also why I really wanted to put the axe in the He-man Statue's hand - but Jerry has said that it is not going to happen - Please re-consider and offer a second hand with the axe for He-Man - Pretty Please Jerry!):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	He-Man+Battlecat Box Art Rudy Obrero.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	91729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skeletor+Panthor Box Art Rudy Obrero.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	91730  
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:16 PM   #1094
Lorde Trooper
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ereyi View Post
Regarding possible skeletor+panthor poses and art style. I really hope that PCS stays in the same style as the He-Man+Battlecat combo. To me this style is a realistic representation of the original toy line as depicted on the incredible box cover artwork done primarily by Rudy Obrero. This guy's artwork was the main influence for me pre-ordering the PCS He-man Battlecat combo, something about the statue just reminded me of Rudy Obrero's Box Art that I loved as a kid. As a matter of fact when I heard that the combo pack was going to include a print, I was sure that it would be one of Rudy's, really disappointed that it wasn't.
I actually met Rudy Obrero at the last Powercon where he was selling signed copies of some of his prints. Funny story was that he had no idea what had become of the original paintings once he sold them to Mattel and during a forum with some of the execs I asked about his paintings and one of the execs there told a story about being responsible for saving them from being demolished in their old building, after that he said that he took a couple home and locked the rest away in the Mattel vault waiting to be displayed in a Mattel Museum that they one day hope to construct. Either way, I just hope that I have the same reaction when I see the Skeletor Panthor combo as I did with He-Man and Rudy's artwork. Here are a couple of examples, you tell me if the PCS He-Man and Battlecat aren't based on this artwork (the first pic is also why I really wanted to put the axe in the He-man Statue's hand - but Jerry has said that it is not going to happen - Please re-consider and offer a second hand with the axe for He-Man - Pretty Please Jerry!):
Would be nice to have that display option with the axe, as much as i like the axes my 200x and SDCC he-man both have the swords on display. Really looking forward to seeing teasers of skeletor and panthor in the next few months.
Lorde Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #1095
Otter
Justice League

I had no idea these prints were ever available! I have always wanted the Grayskull and Battlecat box art to hang on a wall. I realise this is several years ago now, but can anyone let me know how to get in touch with Rudy if he were ever to do another run?
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #1096
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
the first pic is also why I really wanted to put the axe in the He-man Statue's hand - but Jerry has said that it is not going to happen - Please re-consider and offer a second hand with the axe for He-Man - Pretty Please Jerry!):

I agree, Usually He-man either holds his axe and shield combo, or he's holding his sword without the shield. Very rarely does he hold the sword and shield like your average warrior. I would personally prefer to display him with axe and shield, that's how I had my Mattel figure when I was 4

---
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #1097
batmanbowen
Doh!

Did ex battlecat sell out?
batmanbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:59 AM   #1098
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
I agree, Usually He-man either holds his axe and shield combo, or he's holding his sword without the shield. Very rarely does he hold the sword and shield like your average warrior. I would personally prefer to display him with axe and shield, that's how I had my Mattel figure when I was 4

---
Glad I'm not alone. Is there a way to request this from PCS, like a petition or something. Can we ask Jerry how much more it would cost for this option. I imagine it would entail making a second hand holding the axe along with a sword in it's sheath that can attach to the harness on his back. Damn that would be awesome!
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #1099
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Glad I'm not alone. Is there a way to request this from PCS, like a petition or something. Can we ask Jerry how much more it would cost for this option. I imagine it would entail making a second hand holding the axe along with a sword in it's sheath that can attach to the harness on his back. Damn that would be awesome!
Jerry already addressed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Unfortunately, no switch out axe for the hand. Its too hard to make the axe on the back removable.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:47 AM   #1100
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Its cool if its not possible but I've been thinking it would be rad if the Battlecat EX could include an empty helmet. Would be awesome to be able to keep it in the display if using the EX head. Battle-damaged would be even better, like he lost it in the fight...
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote