Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Preference for Street Fighter 1:6 Figures (not statues)
Style A - More focus on the look, less focus on the articulation 57 79.17%
Style B - More focus on the articulation, less focus on looking real 15 20.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #11
Shin-Gizmo
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I loved what was shown with Ryu. I'm sure will look great either way, I just want these out asap
Shin-Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
Larry
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Sorry, I didn't mean PCS should go seamless, or use a seamless body for posing. What I was saying was, it might be better to have the PCS figure be able to do dynamic posing (be a jointed figure), & for those that like seamless (or semi seamless, or even single jointed elbows), there might be other body options for them to get on their own.

I personally usually prefer not to have double jointed elbows (awkward looking, but needed for dynamic posing), but strangely, I might be okay with them on a 1/6 SF figure.

Edit: Jerry, also, it has kind of a bad rep, but Enterbay's 'Game Of Death BTS' rubber Bruce Lee body was a step in the right direction. It had a mechanism in the bicep, that when the arm was bent, the bicep would flex, which was pretty cool.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #13
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Hot Toys figures are traditionally real life characters that don't demand a high degree of articulation. Street Fighter is kind of the opposite, animated characters that need articulation.

Whatever is done, it will still always look like a poseable figure. There's never been a Hot Toys that's made me second guess. Joints or no joints.

I say go with articulation but I won't buy these. I don't think you'll get a well-rounded response here either. The action figure community on Statue Forum is tiny compared to elsewhere.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #14
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

I said it on fb and ill say it here. You have 2 lines of SF statues jerry. That is plenty for the people who love stationary non articulated art. If you are doing these, go for the other side of the spectrum and make them super articulated, no use in doing it half and half. This way you will hit both sides of the market and more money for pcs and more fans and every one is happy. For people who love posing their figures they will critique your decision and product if you give them something that only sorta poses. Us statue collectors can just stick with the statues and buy maybe 1 or 2 of the 1/6 articulated figures of our favorite characters.
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #15
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

It aint a street fighter figure if it aint articulated.
best things about the SOTA figures is posing them.
1/6 battle to make it look legit is the posing.
i am sure you will do it right even with the joints. If i want hardly any articulation ill buy a statue.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #16
foots
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My personal opinion is who cares if they can be posed in signature moves if it looks bad doing it. Then again I'm not the target market.

I look forward to seeing which direction you choose.
foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:55 PM   #17
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

IMHO this is a no brainier! Hot Toys style all the way.

What better way to play to the 'realism' that PCS made famous on its Street Fighter line.

And honestly, 1/6 scale is very large to be looking like a PlayArtsKai figure! They would look gaudy.

If you were going smaller than 1/6 I'd recommend jumping back to your SOTA roots, since you were the king of that format.

But at 1/6 scale, with the expense of 1/6 scale, they have to go the Uber Quality Hot Toys route. And not just the body. But the tailoring, paint, accessories, even the packaging!

Hit all the HT checkpoints and I'm in for this line (as long as I get a few statues first!).

But super articulated 1/6 action figures would be a pass for me personally.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #18
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I was looking at the new Shaquille ONeal statue I think by Enterbay and I don't have too much a problem with the joints on the knees which I guess could also be done at the elbows. I personally prefer more realistic, decent poseable figures. They don't have to be super poseable to be an action figure. As long as a decent amount of poses can be performed, it should be good enough.

Lets be honest, Hot Toys and Enterbay are top because they are so realistic while giving the action figure buyer a lot of poseable options. A great balance is whats most important for HIGH END collectables. Sure if you were only going to charge $79 you can have joints galore...but I sense you are going for high quality, but good poseability as well.

I swear I want to collect all the NBA players from Enterbay because they look so damn awesome. And you can put them in great poses as well.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #19
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #20
Jeepindude
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

100% more realism less articulation, I'm a 1/6 collector and I want a display like you would see in a meusem when you see that realism and detail you're blown away. I don't want exposed joints I'm not going to be playing with these so I don't need an action figure I need a high end collectible masterpiece that I would be proud to display. I have the good ol sota figure to "play" with. I'm so excited about this line since you announced it. Keep it real and detailed!!!!
Jeepindude is offline   Reply With Quote