Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-20-2018, 02:19 AM   #41
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
It's not out yet, but I think Freeze might end up being the masterpiece of the line. Deathstroke ain't too shabby either.
XE suit and story pack Red Hood were quite nice too.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:32 AM   #42
French Cancan
Deadman

I do want Ivy.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #43
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:42 PM   #44
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
IMO, with the exception of the original NightWing and some of the Batman varients (eg gold AK bats etc), all the designs they release from this line were excellent. Only limitation for most of us is space and money. For example, scarecrow, two face, death stroke, flashpoint bats, Miller bats and freeze are possibly the best looking representations of these characters I’ve seen in 1/3 or 1/4 scale.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #45
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Agreed.

I ended up passing on all of the Arkham video game line and I am glad I did. If I have learned anything is that the comics versions are superior most of the time for me. They have that soul and magic that other versions (including the movie versions) lack.

This is just a reminder that at this scale you better be 200% sure of what you are getting. Also be ready to accept an incomplete line not just from Sideshow but from any producer. I am hoping for Kingdom Come to get at least half the love the Arkham line received and I would call it a success.
Just thought I would share my opinion on the topic of Superior.

These statues fundamentally are art created from the mind of an artist for the eyes of the beholder. If you read comics, the comic reproductions will suit you. If you play games, so will gaming repro's and so on. What I do respect are opinions that include "to me" which includes the opinions of me. Thanks for the point of view!

Remember that scene in the first Batman movie where the reporters walk into Bruce Wayne's collection room?

This is where you would find pieces like the Arkham line. Next to the Prime 1 Arkham art pieces, it is really the comic book statues that are out of place and do not hold to the same aesthetics.

Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, etc. All great cars. All representations of what is fun and will turn heads if you like these sorts of things. But a Lamborghini or Ferrari or Pagani or you know the breed, everyone will stop to look.

For anyone with the pleasure of seeing the Arkham line in person, I invite you to create an opinion for yourself and time will be the only true judge.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #46
Vader
Ghost

What about the Bane they previewed?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #47
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

...it is really the comic book statues that are out of place and do not hold to the same aesthetics.

I see your examples and agree to a point. It is all just personal preference.

However, speaking from experience of looking at this hobby for years, most of the so-called grails are comics versions for a reason. They are more enduring because ultimately movies will be recasted, video games may be outdone by newer ones, etc. but comics are the source. It is what brought many of us here looking for something cooler than action figures.

Can the argument be made that the Arkham line has a more realistic look and it would fit better as higher end art? may be. It's still statues of characters in funny customs with less bright colors but more detail. The comics versions are still better to me.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #48
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I do want Ivy.
Vote on the FB Group if haven't already...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:47 PM   #49
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

These statues fundamentally are art created from the mind of an artist for the eyes of the beholder. If you read comics, the comic reproductions will suit you. If you play games, so will gaming repro's and so on. What I do respect are opinions that include "to me" which includes the opinions of me. Thanks for the point of view!

Remember that scene in the first Batman movie where the reporters walk into Bruce Wayne's collection room?

This is where you would find pieces like the Arkham line. Next to the Prime 1 Arkham art pieces, it is really the comic book statues that are out of place and do not hold to the same aesthetics.

Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers, etc. All great cars. All representations of what is fun and will turn heads if you like these sorts of things. But a Lamborghini or Ferrari or Pagani or you know the breed, everyone will stop to look.

For anyone with the pleasure of seeing the Arkham line in person, I invite you to create an opinion for yourself and time will be the only true judge.

The Arkham line’s biggest failures if there were some was the scale was too large and the edition size was too big.

I know about the licesing limitations but at 1/4 and a decent ES all of these would have been grails coz they all look so damn good and the quality is top notch as wel.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:04 AM   #50
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
The Arkham line’s biggest failures if there were some was the scale was too large and the edition size was too big.

I know about the licesing limitations but at 1/4 and a decent ES all of these would have been grails coz they all look so damn good and the quality is top notch as wel.
Failure? I think you are completely wrong did you know Arkham was one the first DC license for Prime1 3 years ago because of this line made Prime1 succesful as company. If it was failure as you say Prime1 will never be as big as today. You can see on the group still major collectors care about this line even is 3 years old.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote