Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-22-2014, 05:27 AM   #271
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I wouldn't be concerned just yet; I'm not quite sure we're supposed to be interpreting that as a complete transformation.. The preview for the upcoming episode seems to suggest that kendo is, up until this point, the only thing she's learned. Now I'm not saying that they won't turn around and stick a LoA-trainee title on her resume in the next couple of episodes, but from the clips they put out in the teaser, Thea seems to be very much herself.

I recently came across a fan theory that expressed the desire for her to become Arrow's version of Cheshire, from the comics. The ground work is all there, so it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I'll be really interested to see if that's how her situation plays out in the end.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #272
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
If everyone is a trained assassin, then it makes them all less interesting, IMO...
You make a great point. This is where I see the show runners are making a mistake in keeping "powered and costumed" characters predominantly on the Flash. I think putting them in the mix will push Ollie and make things more interesting.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:17 AM   #273
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

While i really like this show I cannot see it lasting two or three more seasons unless they mix it up. Have not read the comic but it seems a lot of his villains are also archers and assassins. Is this the case? It would have been a good idea to make him more than just being about Arrow in the current timeline and be a bit like Bruce Wayne. I think this is were Daredevil on Netflix has great potential.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:57 AM   #274
randy_marsh
I am da law!

I think they could probably get 4 good total seasons of Arrow if not 5. Cw should for sure consider adding another dc show as well to do for 15' or 16'.
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:49 AM   #275
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

I think if they focus on making great individual seasons and changing things up between seasons, Arrow can have a long successful run (a la Supernatural, Smallville).

I wasn't the biggest fan of the show in the beginning, but season 2 and 3 have been strong.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #276
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
While i really like this show I cannot see it lasting two or three more seasons unless they mix it up. Have not read the comic but it seems a lot of his villains are also archers and assassins. Is this the case? It would have been a good idea to make him more than just being about Arrow in the current timeline and be a bit like Bruce Wayne. I think this is were Daredevil on Netflix has great potential.

And this is where I start seeing cracks in WBs adaptions. Arrow tries to stay away from superhuman powers while Flash is embracing it. All shows, Gotham and Constantine included, will have a minimum of 3 Easter eggs during each show. Currently, WB says they are keeping TV and film separate. How do they expect us to disregard so much character development and history from their TV shows once the film gets released?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #277
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Just watched episode 3 and the Thea story line is very weak. Arrow is my favorite show but Merlin training Thea to be a competitive fighter in just 6 months is a ridiculous. Kudos to casting a younger Ted Grant and kudos for respecting comic book history by having Laurel go to him for training.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #278
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
Just watched episode 3 and the Thea story line is very weak. Arrow is my favorite show but Merlin training Thea to be a competitive fighter in just 6 months is a ridiculous. Kudos to casting a younger Ted Grant and kudos for respecting comic book history by having Laurel go to him for training.
I'm glad to hear that "Laurel", whoever that is, is getting training from Ted "Wildcat" Grant too. (I do realize that Laurel is Laurel "Dinah" Lance, I just don't care for the actress they have playing the role. She seems to be getting skinnier each season, and she almost looks to me like she had some surgery on her face, which, if so was unnecessary, IMO. I thought she looked much better in season one than she has since...AND, the reason that the skinny thing bugs me is that the actress playing Sarah Lance fit the role of Black Canary much better than this taller, bean pole. Black Canary has a voluptuous look, and I don't think Katie Cassidy can pull it off. I hope she proves me wrong, and them proceeds to kick Thea's butt...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #279
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I'm glad to hear that "Laurel", whoever that is, is getting training from Ted "Wildcat" Grant too. (I do realize that Laurel is Laurel "Dinah" Lance, I just don't care for the actress they have playing the role. She seems to be getting skinnier each season, and she almost looks to me like she had some surgery on her face, which, if so was unnecessary, IMO. I thought she looked much better in season one than she has since...AND, the reason that the skinny thing bugs me is that the actress playing Sarah Lance fit the role of Black Canary much better than this taller, bean pole. Black Canary has a voluptuous look, and I don't think Katie Cassidy can pull it off. I hope she proves me wrong, and them proceeds to kick Thea's butt...
Agree. Kate Cassidy is almost skinny enough to play Wonder Woman but Gadot has about 10 lbs on her lol. I'm upset with them killing off Sarah. She was believable and healthy. She could have made a good Mockingbird as well.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #280
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Just caught up on this series last night. Very impressed with the first run of episodes.

Pretty ballsy killing off a major player like that. Bold moves like that is what keeps a show fresh and viewers on their toes.

I've never been a fan of the Thea and Laurel characters, so I was pleased to see the directions both of them have taken as they're actually relevant and a bit interesting for the first time. Still, I'd rather be without them altogether but at least they're becoming tolerable.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote