Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #561
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
agreed,
i didn't really care for any actor playing Banner in the most recent films. none of them came across as that type.
there was only one who mastered the role. long before them.
IMO, there will never be a better Bruce Banner (David Bruce Banner) than Bill Bixby. one of the most underrated actors of our time if you ask me. that dude was awesome.

im still waiting for the day they actually cast someone who fits the "bill" when it comes to playing Bruce banner.
Ok Grandpa
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:04 AM   #562
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #563
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I love the narcissist Stark when he says this is the end of the path that "I" started us on. LOL...did I miss something? Nick Fury is the one who started the Avengers Initiative...

The trailer does look amazing...

There's no context to that line. We have no idea if he's talking about the Avengers, or the creation of Ultron. My guess, Ultron is the evolution of some security protocol Tony created and implemented and its went horribly wrong. Now, Ultron is the end of the path that everyone, not just him, has to deal with.

For the ones concerned about the voice. If you listen, you can see more of a robotic tone to his voice as the trailer goes on. The beginning "I'm going to show you something beautiful" dialogue is much more pure Spader than "Now I'm free." and "There are no strings on me." Those last two lines have more of a digitized feel to them than the beginning.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #564
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
There's no context to that line. We have no idea if he's talking about the Avengers, or the creation of Ultron. My guess, Ultron is the evolution of some security protocol Tony created and implemented and its went horribly wrong. Now, Ultron is the end of the path that everyone, not just him, has to deal with.

For the ones concerned about the voice. If you listen, you can see more of a robotic tone to his voice as the trailer goes on. The beginning "I'm going to show you something beautiful" dialogue is much more pure Spader than "Now I'm free." and "There are no strings on me." Those last two lines have more of a digitized feel to them than the beginning.
Agreed on both points.

I've watched the trailer 10x now and the more I listen to Ultron's speech, it sounds very much like something Ledger's Joker would say. Not sure why but that's all I can think of.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #565
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Since ‘The Avengers 2′ trailer leaked early Marvel decided to show new footage from the film with the next episode of ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #566
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Thor's hammer lifting scene is wonderful and hilarious. And includes my favourite moment from the SDCC footage. I hope they air that.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #567
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Since ‘The Avengers 2′ trailer leaked early Marvel decided to show new footage from the film with the next episode of ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’
I may be the only person really interested in seeing the movie who has not watched the trailer yet. I was waiting for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode next week. I hope this means that new footage will be shown in addition to and not instead of the existing trailer.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #568
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I may be the only person really interested in seeing the movie who has not watched the trailer yet. I was waiting for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode next week. I hope this means that new footage will be shown in addition to and not instead of the existing trailer.
I think they announced today that there would be new footwith with AoS next week.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:50 AM   #569
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Thor's hammer lifting scene is wonderful and hilarious. And includes my favourite moment from the SDCC footage. I hope they air that.
I have no idea what this is. Does Ultron lift Mjolnir, given that he's a "what" and not a "who."
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #570
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I have no idea what this is. Does Ultron lift Mjolnir, given that he's a "what" and not a "who."
It's the Avengers hanging out relaxing and trying to lift the hammer. That's all. It's a fun scene, not a serious scene.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote