Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #21
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Marvel already beat DC to punch with the GotG.
Yes...into space. But, The Imperial Guard was created as a tribute to the LOSH. So, Marvel getting the Imperial Guard to the big screen before DC gets the Legion to the big screen was what I meant. I love them both, and hope to see them both on the silver screen, I just love the Imperial Guard more...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #22
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
just love the Imperial Guard more...
I don't believe you.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #23
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

As superhero movies continue to make more money and turn into tentpole franchises (presumably for the next 10 years at least), studios are desperately mining for gold. Superman, Batman, Spiderman are relatively easy calls because the characters are household names, you just have to make a good flick. X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, Green Lantern and Captain America certainly upped the ante and really kicked off the superhero arms race (Blade could also be credited with some of that, although it's more of a vampire flick). If FF and Green Lantern hadn't been such dismal poorly written, directed, produced and/or cast clunkers we'd easily be looking at Fantastic Four III and Green Lantern II (and both franchises would be pulling in probably $500M-$700M per outing). Guardians of the Galaxy more than any other Superhero movie to date kicked the door open even further and also firmed up what were probably somewhat shaky plans not only at Disney/Marvel, but DC/Warner, FOX and Sony. If GotG had failed, I would not have been surprised to see the brakes applied on plans for Inhumans, X-Force, Aquaman, Shazam, Sinister Six, etc. But now the studios are not only emboldened but actively locking in dates and tossing out franchise ideas like LoSH. And not only that, you've got action heating up on the small screen with Arrow already a hit, Flash looking promising, SHIELD renewed and probably with a much stronger S2 (I've only seen about 15 minutes of season 1, but may start watching to catch up), and the Defenders coming together on Netflix. The latest pitches are Supergirl and Teen Titans. I hope those two follow the Superman/Batman/Justice League movie universe as opposed to the the Arrow/Flash TV universe though. If those hit as well, who knows what other Marvel/DC titles will get the call for either a regular series or miniseries. Some possibles could include:
  • Batgirl (could be very cool);
  • Hawkman/Hawkgirl (Falcon in CA:TWS showed how cool flight can look onscreen);
  • X-Factor (I still think FOX has screwed up the lineup, but hopefully the retcon has fixed it enough. Would be cool to see a team comprised of Alex Summer's Havok, Magneto's daughter Polaris, Multiple Man and Strong Guy);
  • Imperial Guard (if DC does go forward with LoSH, maybe Marvel would want to get a jump, unless they are somehow introduced in GotG II or III--I hope Warlock shows up in GotG II and maybe Magus in GotG III)
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #24
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
I don't believe you.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:23 PM   #25
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
As superhero movies continue to make more money and turn into tentpole franchises (presumably for the next 10 years at least), studios are desperately mining for gold. Superman, Batman, Spiderman are relatively easy calls because the characters are household names, you just have to make a good flick. X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, Green Lantern and Captain America certainly upped the ante and really kicked off the superhero arms race (Blade could also be credited with some of that, although it's more of a vampire flick). If FF and Green Lantern hadn't been such dismal poorly written, directed, produced and/or cast clunkers we'd easily be looking at Fantastic Four III and Green Lantern II (and both franchises would be pulling in probably $500M-$700M per outing). Guardians of the Galaxy more than any other Superhero movie to date kicked the door open even further and also firmed up what were probably somewhat shaky plans not only at Disney/Marvel, but DC/Warner, FOX and Sony. If GotG had failed, I would not have been surprised to see the brakes applied on plans for Inhumans, X-Force, Aquaman, Shazam, Sinister Six, etc. But now the studios are not only emboldened but actively locking in dates and tossing out franchise ideas like LoSH. And not only that, you've got action heating up on the small screen with Arrow already a hit, Flash looking promising, SHIELD renewed and probably with a much stronger S2 (I've only seen about 15 minutes of season 1, but may start watching to catch up), and the Defenders coming together on Netflix. The latest pitches are Supergirl and Teen Titans. I hope those two follow the Superman/Batman/Justice League movie universe as opposed to the the Arrow/Flash TV universe though. If those hit as well, who knows what other Marvel/DC titles will get the call for either a regular series or miniseries. Some possibles could include:
  • Batgirl (could be very cool);
  • Hawkman/Hawkgirl (Falcon in CA:TWS showed how cool flight can look onscreen);
  • X-Factor (I still think FOX has screwed up the lineup, but hopefully the retcon has fixed it enough. Would be cool to see a team comprised of Alex Summer's Havok, Magneto's daughter Polaris, Multiple Man and Strong Guy);
  • Imperial Guard (if DC does go forward with LoSH, maybe Marvel would want to get a jump, unless they are somehow introduced in GotG II or III--I hope Warlock shows up in GotG II and maybe Magus in GotG III)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #26
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Is DC Bringing The Multiverse To Movies And TV |Badass Digest

I hope they do embrace the multiverse in their movies and TV series. It might get messy eventually but it can also lead to some unique storytelling. And if the general audience can't catch up, so be it. Most comic fans will get a kick out of it.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:34 AM   #27
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

DC exploring a Krypton series.
http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...m=facebook&m=1
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:01 PM   #28
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Chris Pine being considered for Green Lantern
http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-...an-chris-pine/
Old 04-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #29
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

John Wick Directors in line for DC Movie.
http://screenrant.com/john-wick-dire...movie-aquaman/
Old 04-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #30
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Crisis On Infinite DC Movie Plans | Badass Digest
They internally need to appoint a Captain with Feige's caliber. Snyder can't be overseeing everything while he is also directing.

Superman vs. Batman? DC's Real Battle Is How to Create Its Superhero Universe - Hollywood Reporter
Original THR article.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote