Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 01-28-2018, 03:04 PM   #231
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

They could make so many more 1/4 statues, Negan being the most wanted. GG always gives up on lines before “completing” them.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:32 PM   #232
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
They could make so many more 1/4 statues, Negan being the most wanted. GG always gives up on lines before “completing” them.
It’s not just GG. I could make an argument Sideshow is worse than any company when it comes to underutilizing a license.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:06 AM   #233
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

WD fans don’t seem to have deep pockets to buy into this line. Plenty of these have been on sale with deep discounts even with the relatively small edition sizes.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #234
dechirico7
The Flash

I think people are losing interest in the show. I was a huge fan since episode 1 and I can't watch it anymore. I still have to watch the last three episodes. And Gentle Giant doesn't seem to be releasing any others. These would have sold better with better portraits too. I think their Michonne is awful.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:25 AM   #235
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think people are losing interest in the show. I was a huge fan since episode 1 and I can't watch it anymore. I still have to watch the last three episodes. And Gentle Giant doesn't seem to be releasing any others. These would have sold better with better portraits too. I think their Michonne is awful.
The show really lost me when they had the season 6 "cliffhanger" ending. Its not what the fans deserved and not how that comic ended. We all knew who was killed by the end of the issue.

I saw season 7 here and there but haven't watched any of this current season. I think Scott Gimple really ran that show into the ground. I don't see it coming back.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:08 AM   #236
ukshaun
Hercules

I stopped at the end of season 5. Seasons 4 and 5 had their good moments, but all to few. Towards the end of season 5, things picked up. I might give season 6 a go at some point.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #237
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I think Negan's character might have a lot to do with it. On screen the character's personality is annoying af. His "swag" (if you wanna call it that) is so lame. The Governor was a much cooler bad guy on screen.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #238
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I think Negan's character might have a lot to do with it. On screen the character's personality is annoying af. His "swag" (if you wanna call it that) is so lame. The Governor was a much cooler bad guy on screen.
I would take the Governor any day over Negan and his too-long speeches. I usually walk away when he starts talking, lol.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #239
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Completely agree...the Governor was a better character in the show. Nothing against Jeffrey Dean Morgan, he's doing a good job, but that character is too much, too often for too long. The whole show has taken a dive and people seem to be taking notice. Wouldn't surprise me if GG is thinking about going in a different direction.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #240
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Completely agree...the Governor was a better character in the show. Nothing against Jeffrey Dean Morgan, he's doing a good job, but that character is too much, too often for too long. The whole show has taken a dive and people seem to be taking notice. Wouldn't surprise me if GG is thinking about going in a different direction.
Agreed, but GG had plenty of time to milk this line. Every aspect of their company is slow. Too slow. Look at their honey trap line. The pace of that line was painful and they still haven't finished it. And honestly, the portraits aren't great in this line. Which is weird since they supposedly use some kind of scanning technology to capture likenesses.
I think it does come down to disinterest. I have the larger McFarlane figures, three of them, and I can't get a cent for them. And they look just like the actors.