Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #31
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Black Cat Mini Bust with Ruby Stone - Gentle Giant Web Exclusive
Black Cat (aka Felicia Hardy) the “cat” burglar extraordinaire and one time love interest of our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man has nothing to hide…or does she? Holding a simulated ruby behind her back. Gentle Giant Web Exclusive Offer.

At just over 7“ tall, this mini bust is one of the first in a long line of new Gentle Giant produced Marvel collectibles.

Cast in high quality poly-stone, then hand painted. Black Cat is a numbered limited edition that comes packaged in a window box complete with certificate of authenticity.

Not bad at all!....looks great, great size, price good!....if they continue with this line, it will do very well!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:55 AM   #32
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

thanks for posting that Spartacus or I would have never have known about it.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:44 AM   #33
koababa
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was looking for the Black Cat Web Exclusive, and couldnt find it

Do I need to be a Premium Guild Member to have access to this?
koababa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #34
Rogue01
Gentle Giant Rep.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koababa View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I was looking for the Black Cat Web Exclusive, and couldnt find it

Do I need to be a Premium Guild Member to have access to this?
Nope! It's a Web Exclusive, not a PG Exclusive. I'll double check and make sure the item listing is still active.

EDIT: It's still active. Here's the link - http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/80118-r.htm =)
Rogue01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #35
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I thought I'd resurrect this thread since there aren't really any shared pics of it. Picked this one up the other day to accent the rest of my Spider-Man line and it's every bit exceptional. For just a 1/6th collectible, this is easily one of the best Black Cat pieces around. Gorgeous sculpt and perfect paint apps. Love the color they went with for her lipstick. Gentle Giant if you're seeing this, please make more of Spider-Man's foes. Carnage still needs to be done, Doc Oc, and a bunch of others. The list of Spidey related characters go on & on. Arguably the best line of your Marvel MBs.

AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #36
KELPIE
New Republic

I seriously just want them to stick some legs on these guys and then add some extra characters - they would be the perfect Spidey collection.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:00 PM   #37
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'm loving normal Spidey, Black Cat and Venom. Not crazy about the other two.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #38
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Thanks guys. I doubt GG will ever start making full 1/6th scale Marvel, but I really don't mind that these are mini-busts without legs. It's hard to explain the feeling I get when I collect these, but the whole mini-bust theme/vibe puts an easier collectible feeling over me. Like, even if I had all the space in the world for 1/4 or 1/3 scale, I would still want to collect these because they're easy, they're fun, and they're manageable. You can develop some pretty awesome lines from some of these. It's like people who love collecting Funkos, but 20 times more high-end with these MBs. It's just too bad GG only utilizes the Marvel and Star Wars licenses to make them. I'm sure they can get more licenses, but I don't think they want to. Imagine DC mini-busts, or MOTU, or a famous video game company like Nintendo?

The Black Cat bust is a ton better than I expected. I was pretty blown away when I took her out of the foam. I'd have to say she's neck & neck with Venom for my favorite of the five pictured. Black Cat is actually the heaviest of the five, while Venom is the lightest. Goblin is my third, but the only thing I'd change is the color of his outfit to a darker purple. Classic and then Black Spidey would round out my favorite of the five. I just want Gentle Giant to make more of them. This Spidey line of characters can't die with Spider-Man. There's so many more characters from his universe still yet to be made.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote