Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 08-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #11
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I'm going to watch how the reviews of the Mk 42 pan out. It looks awesome so far and very tempting. People are talking about some arm joint problems and how diecast ages. I can't remember as the few diecast toys I owned I sold. I think vintage Transformers were diecast. Those were well played with though. But the Mk 3 in diecast will probably be the best version. Unless Hot Toys makes the move to 1/4 Iron Man...
Well as a ridiculous Transformer fan the problem with diecast is that if you play with it the paint will wear. When I was a kid my Transformers did develop paint wear over time. Having said that I doubt that will be a problem given that anyone who gets this is unlikely to be running around the house with it and is more likely to display it in a case. I think it will be worth having especially for someone who has no Movie Iron man pieces. 1/4 would be awesome but crazy pricey.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #12
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Well as a ridiculous Transformer fan the problem with diecast is that if you play with it the paint will wear. When I was a kid my Transformers did develop paint wear over time. Having said that I doubt that will be a problem given that anyone who gets this is unlikely to be running around the house with it and is more likely to display it in a case. I think it will be worth having especially for someone who has no Movie Iron man pieces. 1/4 would be awesome but crazy pricey.
Ok. I think most collectors of these Hot Toys rarely do a lot of poses with them. The people who change up poses a lot like Clipperking and others are rare I would think. I think someone on the Freaks forum also mentioned gas release from the metal too. Not sure.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #13
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I'm still waiting to get my HT Robocop. I'd like to see how the diecast construction is done up close. While the paint could chip on diecast, I'm more worried about plastic joints degrading overtime and how the weight of the diecast will affect that.

I've preordered the Mk. 3, but I still look forward to inspecting the construction of the Robocop to see how HT does diecast.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #14
Deedzy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I'm still waiting to get my HT Robocop. I'd like to see how the diecast construction is done up close. While the paint could chip on diecast, I'm more worried about plastic joints degrading overtime and how the weight of the diecast will affect that.

I've preordered the Mk. 3, but I still look forward to inspecting the construction of the Robocop to see how HT does diecast.
I have this preordered also but robocop will be my first die cast fig. I've seen the war machine 2.0 and it's quality and very heavy which surprised me.
Deedzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I'm thinking about getting on the waitlist for the ex, do you guys think there's a chance it will eventually convert for me?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #16
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
I'm thinking about getting on the waitlist for the ex, do you guys think there's a chance it will eventually convert for me?

Probably not since most SS/HT/EX's go for close to double on the secondary market once they sell out. Especially Iron Man. The sole exception has been the mechanic Stark.
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 05:15 AM   #17
jedi_don

Charged for my mk3. Should be getting it soon.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #18
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Mine arrived but I have been too busy dealing with house repair issues/ work to get it. At some point I will get to the post office.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #19
jedi_don

I haven't taken the figure out of the box yet, but the finish and details look really nice.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #20
endless1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Now there is Stealth Version
endless1 is offline   Reply With Quote