Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #491
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

It's off to another great start
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #492
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Great premiere. Agree with everyone else that Grey Wind looked great and I can't wait to see how bad ass Ghost looks. That was one of my few complaints from the first season.

It was great to see Tyrion show up at kings landing rolling deep with Bronn and the hills tribe crew. Nobody does smug and condescending like Dinklage, just perfect.

The kid playing Joffrey couldn't be more perfect. He can come across as so viscous yet so cowardly at the same time. I truly hate him with every fiber of my being, that kid needs to be nominated for something.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #493
adee
Green Arrow

Love this show!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #494
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
Great premiere. Agree with everyone else that Grey Wind looked great and I can't wait to see how bad ass Ghost looks. That was one of my few complaints from the first season.

It was great to see Tyrion show up at kings landing rolling deep with Bronn and the hills tribe crew. Nobody does smug and condescending like Dinklage, just perfect.

The kid playing Joffrey couldn't be more perfect. He can come across as so viscous yet so cowardly at the same time. I truly hate him with every fiber of my being, that kid needs to be nominated for something.
That girly gasp when Cercei slapped him was hilarious! I agree, this kid is doing a wonderful job of making us all hate him.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #495
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9ziggy View Post
Get ready for book numbers 4 and 5......Martin had to make a choice, as he tells it, whether to tell all the character's stories over two books, or split the characters into two groups and tell their stories separately, which is what he did. The PROBLEM is that as the 5th book starts, they are in the same point in time as the characters in the beginning of the 4th. SO, you encounter a lot of talking about "what if's" and already know the answer. It gets a little tough to keep things straight. I'm about 200 pages into Dances, and it is still consistently good. I just hope "Winter in the North" doesn't take years to get out....
At the rate I'm going I will be finishing book 4 and the next two will be out.

But thanks for the heads up on the grouping. Maybe it will help to make more dull characters (imo) more exciting if they are in a group.

I'm really liking book 3 but repetition in books of this detail and volume is really not something I'm looking forward too .
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #496
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
That girly gasp when Cercei slapped him was hilarious! I agree, this kid is doing a wonderful job of making us all hate him.
It says a lot about na actor when you despise even seeing their character on the scene. I feel so disgusted when I see his smug bastard face.

Kudos to the actor, he is spot on.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #497
MrYac
Hercules

since the start i've been impressed with all of the kids, Joffery for being such a creppy little punk, i did have to wonder if that girly gasp is his own natural reaction or if he really is that good of an actor . and all the younger Starks do an impressive job as well
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #498
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

This show is great! I watched the season 2 opener last night after buying Thrones on DVD a few weeks ago(I had to order HBO just to watch this). So many great characters and surprises. I found the interaction between Spider and Little Finger extremely well written and delivered. I haven't read the books but it's on my to do list.

Last edited by armitage; 04-02-2012 at 01:44 PM.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #499
Mean Green
Fantomah

I think the Kingslayer just shat himself...

Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #500
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Just watched S2.Ep.1 and it freaking ROCKED!

Tyrion owns every scene he is in, the Direwolves look better than ever, and even characters like Bron, The Hound and Arya, even though they only appeared for a split second and barely said a word (or no words in Arya's case) still made me smile with anticipatory excitement at what's to come.

And i'll join the back of what sounds like a long queue for slapping Joffrey!
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote