Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #391
Mean Green
Fantomah

Rewatching the first season and catching lots of things here and there that I missed the first time.

Question for the more astute: was Ser Jorah responsible for the attempted assassination on Daenerys and then had a change of heart? Or was he just reporting the inside info to the eunuch and didn't know that they were going to try to kill her and the baby? He received the pardon, which I noticed he seemed a little shocked at (or is it guilt?)...

Another little nugget I noticed this time was when Viserys not only flinched but subtly let out an "ouch" when the slave girl dripped wax on his chest in the bathtub. Nice little hint there... No way a casual viewer like myself would think anything of that I imagine. It's these little things that definitely make a second watching totally worth it.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #392
Mean Green
Fantomah

Dammit, SVD, Rich, where are you two when you're needed?!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #393
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
Rewatching the first season and catching lots of things here and there that I missed the first time.

Question for the more astute: was Ser Jorah responsible for the attempted assassination on Daenerys and then had a change of heart? Or was he just reporting the inside info to the eunuch and didn't know that they were going to try to kill her and the baby? He received the pardon, which I noticed he seemed a little shocked at (or is it guilt?)...
To regain his honour after being banished for slave trading, Jorah was spying on the movemonts of the Targaryens for the Iron Throne (don't know if they told who specifically so I won't reveal), but stopped after getting closer to Daenerys.

To my knowledge, although I don't think it's specifically stated in the book, Mormont didn't know the assassination had been planned.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #394
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Dammit, SVD, Rich, where are you two when you're needed?!
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #395
Mean Green
Fantomah

Thanks! That makes sense... I didn't think he was aware that they were going to assassinate her. Doesn't seem to be part of his character.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #396
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBamf View Post
You mean you don't want to know about Tyrion building an army of dwarves and going on a Time Bandits style jaunt on their magic unicorns? That bit in the book was epic...oops!
Jeez... thanks Rich.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #397
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

I noticed this time was when Viserys not only flinched but subtly let out an "ouch" when the slave girl dripped wax on his chest in the bathtub. Nice little hint there... No way a casual viewer like myself would think anything of that I imagine. It's these little things that definitely make a second watching totally worth it.
I'm starting to re-watch the series as well. My GF didn't watch it with me my first time through and kept hearing me going on and on about how great it was and decided to see for herself.

Good catch with Viserys. I'm only through the first episode but feeling much the same as you as there are lots of subtleties I didn't catch the first go round. A few that stood out for me in episode 1 were Cat's glare at John Snow and Dany getting into the scalding hot water without it bothering her. When I first saw that scene with Dany I figured she didn't care about the pain/heat due to the way her brother had been inappropriately touching her. Definitely worthy of revisiting for these great little bits of foreshadowing.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #398
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm starting to re-watch the series as well. My GF didn't watch it with me my first time through and kept hearing me going on and on about how great it was and decided to see for herself.

Good catch with Viserys. I'm only through the first episode but feeling much the same as you as there are lots of subtleties I didn't catch the first go round. A few that stood out for me in episode 1 were Cat's glare at John Snow and Dany getting into the scalding hot water without it bothering her. When I first saw that scene with Dany I figured she didn't care about the pain/heat due to the way her brother had been inappropriately touching her. Definitely worthy of revisiting for these great little bits of foreshadowing.
Same! I rewatched it recently and went "oh! that makes so much more sense now!"
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #399
XSE
Nightwing

Just rewatched the finale....this show is EPIC!! Absolutely amazing! Cannot wait for Season 2!!
XSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #400
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Yeah, those were great! I was just confused as to why Cat hated John Snow when I watched these episodes the first time - only became clear later on. And my thoughts about Daenerys were similar... I thought her being oblivious to the pain represented her being "dead" and only a shell of a person because of the emotional abuse she was suffering at the hand of Viserys. Little did I know that they were also trying to hint at her gift! This show/story gets more amazing the more I delve into it...