Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 02-20-2018, 06:09 PM   #11
SONICobra
Batman

im so lost with what marvel has going on...
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #12
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
Going by this image, Spidey is by far the single most important character apparently. I like that She-Hulk is going back to her classic look and it seems that the Reyes Ghost Rider might be getting another chance. I'm not surprised that the Inhumans are missing, but it's odd to me that there isn't anyone representing the Guardians.
I read somewhere that believe it or not he is actually the most recognizable and popular character in comics. Worth more than Batman and the Avengers combined. So I guess they will keep that gravy train rolling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Marvel can go F#@% themselves.
Why? It's about time the do a relaunch! LOL... sarcasm
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #13
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

This ---- just pisses me off. "Fresh Start"? Right. Heroes Reborn, Heroic Age, Marvel NOW, All-New Marvel NOW, and now Fresh Start? ---- this. Just ----ing tell good stories and let those stories be their hype, like Avengers Under Siege or Roger Stern’s Spider-Man or Walt Simonson’s Thor or Frank Miller's DD or Mark Waid’s Fantastic Four and Captain America did before.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:49 PM   #14
Meta Jon
Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
im so lost with what marvel has going on...
In all fairness I think they are too
Meta Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:36 PM   #15
KELPIE
New Republic

Spidey front and centre where he belongs.

I've been so used to seeing Iron Man occupy that spot over the last few years.

Hopefully they undo as much of the Marvel Now stuff. Once that's settled in they can undo much of the Bendis stuff.

I don't know how I feel about Thor's Golden Arm though...
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:05 AM   #16
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Again?
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 05:29 AM   #17
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I don't care, i only get some omnibuses time to time and that's it.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #18
Tushar
Hellboy

Guys, I understand the frustration. But this time there's reason to hope. Axel Alonso, the Editor-in-Chief responsible for this hot mess, was fired recently. This relaunch comes from CB Cebulski, the new EiC, who by all accounts cares about comics and stories more than political messages.

Unlike past Alonso relaunches, this isn't a gimmick or a panic move or a reaction to dwindling sales. Cebulski appears to genuinely want to repair the ship.

That's why he brought back Thor, Iron Man and Cap. And that's why he'll bring back the Fantastic 4 once this Disney/Fox deal plays itself out, I reckon.

Also worth noting is that the announcement mentioned new "creative teams". Fingers crossed that this means the current crop of talentless hacks who know nothing about Marvel history are on their way out the door.

Granted, some more characters from the Alonso era could use a swift death; but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Hope springs eternal.

Maybe now this bad dream will actually end and the Marvel we used to love will be back.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #19
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Again?
Talking to my comic shop owner last year all the initiatives from Marvel fell flat or had at best tepid sales. They still have thick stacks of Secret Empire that will be in the dollar bin soon.

I think this is Marvel's way of trying to win back those retailers who need more dependable sales as opposed to boom bust cycles of events, number ones, lenticular covers, and gimmicks.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #20
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Guys, I understand the frustration. But this time there's reason to hope. Axel Alonso, the Editor-in-Chief responsible for this hot mess, was fired recently. This relaunch comes from CB Cebulski, the new EiC, who by all accounts cares about comics and stories more than political messages.

Unlike past Alonso relaunches, this isn't a gimmick or a panic move or a reaction to dwindling sales. Cebulski appears to genuinely want to repair the ship.
I see what you're saying and honestly I hope Marvel returns to a version of what they were before. It's just that the long time fans have been screwed over for so many years now and so many Marvel execs have not cared in the least bit about how badly they've treated us. Firing Alonso was a start, but only a start. Brevoort needs to have his fat ass kicked to the curb as well, Quesada needs the boot too. Then....after they admit that they did ridiculous stunts and apologize for being complete idiots, then I may consider picking up some new stuff from them.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote