Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-08-2022, 08:01 PM   #151
azurepred
Zot

we definitely need a SW from the new movie. Holy cow!
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:23 AM   #152
pdenham
Teen Titans

John from Queen was a guest on Say Whaaat?!!! yesterday and mentioned a couple things about the character.

Queen is still working on improving the likeness because of the feedback from original reveal. He didn't say a new reveal was imminent, or that they were only waiting for approval on the improvements, so looks like we are still a ways off yet before this will ever go up.
Worth remembering that Black Widow took about five months after her solo film was released to finally see it's reveal and PO.

More surprising to me was hearing him say they were planning a second Wanda ( I assume another 1/4) and he wasn't sure if it would be based on her last appearance in Multiverse of Madness or WandaVision. Apparently Queen was trying to get a license for the latter, despite none of the D+ shows being available in their native market.

It didn't take me long to come around to appreciating the strengths with the likeness they already had on their original reveal.
It may not have been *perfect*, but it was still at a level that was consistent with many other female celebs put out by Queen and other companies.

My main criticism was the statue itself didn't look to have enough going on, apart from the hair, to justify a Loki-sized price point. That latter piece offers not only a just shy of perfect likeness, but light up features and cut & sew elements with premium fabrics. Wanda had none of the that and the compact base was simple, generic rubble.

In any case, it's great to know there's likely another Wanda coming if you should miss out or pass on this one.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:31 PM   #153
KiDDo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That's pretty interesting, thanks for the info. I definitely want a Wanda from Queen to pair with BW and Cap who I have in PO. I think the likeness wasn't really their on the first reveal and the magic effects looked pretty cheap. I hope they will work on those and make them translucent like basically every other company is doing as well.

VERY interesting though that they're already planning another Wanda. Unfortunately they will probably not be putting up both at the same time. If you pre-order they first and like the second one much better, that's awkward. If you wait for the second one but don't like it and the first is already sold by then, that would be annoying
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 06:51 PM   #154
Markhatestoys
Justice League

I just got into statue collecting after getting burned out on Hot Toys. My focus is on female statues and for my new collection so far I've picked up the amazing new Tweeterhead 2021 Harley Quinn and 2021 green-skinned variant Poison Ivy, the Tweeterhead 1/4 scale Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman, and a couple of Iron Studios 1:10 scale figures, their MCU Moon Knight and their comic book Scarlet Witch.

I love Scarlet Witch and I think Elizabeth Olsen is now THE heavy-hitter among the MCU actors. And I think the likeness Queen Studios gave us here is spot-on--maybe idealized, but spot-on. I don't have enough space for a huge quarter scale collection, but for female actor likenesses of my favorite characters, I'll make room for a few. I'm really hoping we see this Wanda, and also a Multiverse of Madness version from Queen Studios as well. But will I even be able to purchase them in the US? I checked a couple of their Black Widow statues on ebay and Chinese sellers want $300 - $500 just for the shipping. Where can I buy them in the US other than ebay?

As for the Iron Studios versions, I don't like the background of their quarter scale Wanda at all and though the likeness is there I don't like the expression they chose for her face, or the pushed-back hair. I think their 1:10 scale is the better of the two.

Sorry for the long-winded introduction but I'm pretty happy to be here collecting statues!
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 07:04 PM   #155
Brandon
The X-Men

Spec-fiction will have them for sale. I'm also in the US and they're my go-to for QS pieces.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:25 AM   #156
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
I just got into statue collecting after getting burned out on Hot Toys.
Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for the Hot Toys burnout? I ask because there's an awful lot of similarities between collecting action figures and statue figures.

Welcome to the hobby, I hope you haven't jumped from the frying pan into the fire!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:47 AM   #157
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Just out of curiosity, what was the reason for the Hot Toys burnout? I ask because there's an awful lot of similarities between collecting action figures and statue figures.

Welcome to the hobby, I hope you haven't jumped from the frying pan into the fire!
There are a few reasons: first and foremost, the static, zombie facial expressions. Hot Toys generally only really look good in museum poses because of this. And statues can give you more dynamic poses that Hot Toys figures can't match; just compare any Spider-Man statue to any Spider-Man Hot Toy. Also, I really like female characters and as hard as Hot Toys tries, dressing up a standard female action figure body isn't going to give you the same curves as a statue would; just compare any Black Widow statue to any Black Widow Hot Toy. Female figures just look better in statue form, with thicker, more natural bodies. (I can't tell you how tired I became of Hot Toys females and their toothpick arms.) And finally, reposing Hot Toys is a pain in the behind because of the hands. Changing out the hands is such a bother that I eventually just stopped reposing my Hot Toys at all.

I actually collected statues for a bit years ago, but then when Sideshow canceled their Halo 4 Cortana figure I got really annoyed and left the hobby for awhile. And Hot Toys really does have great likenesses. But seeing what statue companies are doing with actor likenesses now--that Tweeterhead Batman Returns Catwoman I ordered is simply amazing--I think I'll be satisfied.

It sure would be nice if someone would do a Halo 4 Cortana statue though...
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 12:55 AM   #158
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markhatestoys View Post
It sure would be nice if someone would do a Halo 4 Cortana statue though...
Oh c'mon, this isn't good enough?

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 02:08 AM   #159
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Oh c'mon, this isn't good enough?

Is that the latest JND Hyper Real? That's an easy $3999 I reckon.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 02:41 AM   #160
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Ah yes, the Funko Pop Master Series with silicone and rooted hair.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote