Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-07-2018, 11:41 PM   #1131
Joel
The Herculoids

I’m having difficulty with mine. Iron Man doesn’t fit properly into the Iron Monger arm without lifting the Iron Monger arm up off the base. The arm then has a gap rough 0.5-1cm between it and the base plus that also pulls the front leg of Iron Man forward as the Iron Monger arm wants to drop back down. Hard to explain.

SS have been great so far, they sent a replacement arm but it’s no different.

Does anyone have one that fits properly?
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:50 PM   #1132
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
I’m having difficulty with mine. Iron Man doesn’t fit properly into the Iron Monger arm without lifting the Iron Monger arm up off the base. The arm then has a gap rough 0.5-1cm between it and the base plus that also pulls the front leg of Iron Man forward as the Iron Monger arm wants to drop back down. Hard to explain.

SS have been great so far, they sent a replacement arm but it’s no different.

Does anyone have one that fits properly?

Yea, at first the arm pull up but over time its now flush with the base.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:55 PM   #1133
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Yea, at first the arm pull up but over time its now flush with the base.
That’s the thing I’m most worried about. For the arm to go down the Iron Man legs would have to separate and with the distance it would have to separate in mine would definitely crack the Iron Man torso peice.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #1134
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I just got mine.

And like others it doesn't lay completely flush.

The Iron Monger arm is being lifted, but it's barely noticeable and may already be lowering.

I haven't seen this mention previously but the rear left heel on mine isn't resting at all on the base, but the forward part of that foot with the peg/power plug is fully inserted and flush, it's just that the heel isn't down. Is anyone else's piece like this?

In addition, does anyone's body have a bit of give? In that I can nudge the body and it can move to its left, but over time if not immediately it will go back to it's original resting position.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:32 AM   #1135
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I just got mine.

The Iron Monger arm is being lifted, but it's barely noticeable and may already be lowering.

I haven't seen this mention previously but the rear left heel on mine isn't resting at all on the base, but the forward part of that foot with the peg/power plug is fully inserted and flush, it's just that the heel isn't down. Is anyone else's piece like this?

In addition, does anyone's body have a bit of give? In that I can nudge the body and it can move to its left, but over time if not immediately it will go back to it's original resting position.
Will check mine when I get home, doesn’t sound right as I think I would have noticed. You aren’t worried about how the “arm is lowering”? I’ve looked closely at mine... the reason the arm is raised is because when it’s flat the peg hole is about .5cm-.8cm too far forward (see attached). Moving the arm up brings the peg hole back enough to fit the key in. But if the arm moves back down, that’s only moving the peg hole forward again Meaning the legs would be stretched appart... I can’t imagine that’s good for polystone...

I have to say dealing with SS customer support has been amazing so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADCFADF6-A2B6-46FD-8ABB-C9FBFFBC1723.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	117158  
Old 09-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #1136
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

The Iron Monger arm on mine was only raised by maybe 2-3mm (maximum) when the figure was inserted. It's probably a single mm now, so not really an issue.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #1137
starchitect
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I just got mine.

Hey Phoenix, saw your post on the other forum about this as well. I just got mine and having the exact same issues of fitment in TWO places. The IronMonger arm is lifting up AND the left rear foot of the MKIII does not sit flush in the IronMonger chest!

Others have noted that the Ironmonger arm will lower itself over time due to gravity however that does not solve the problem of the huge gap at the back left foot of the MKIII not sitting flush and floating in air. I pushed down hard and it does not seem like the keyed piece will go down any further!

I am frustrated because I recently received the Sideshow Predator Maquette that also had some QC issues. At the price I paid for that piece and now the hefty price for this Iron Man piece I am reaching a point where I don't think I can be so forgiving and accept any flaws.

I will have to seriously rethink any further purchase.
starchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #1138
tonytiger
The X-Men

Yo! i have both pieces and zero problems with them, contact sideshow and get new ones.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:37 AM   #1139
starchitect
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Yo! i have both pieces and zero problems with them, contact sideshow and get new ones.
Good for you brother, both of these pieces without any QC issues would have been awesome as I feel overall the pose and art direction are some of Sideshows better attempts but yeah I'm going to reach out and see what can be done. I'm no stranger to fiddling and fixing statues after receiving them but this is getting out of hand esp. for the price.
starchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:39 PM   #1140
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchitect View Post
Good for you brother, both of these pieces without any QC issues would have been awesome as I feel overall the pose and art direction are some of Sideshows better attempts but yeah I'm going to reach out and see what can be done. I'm no stranger to fiddling and fixing statues after receiving them but this is getting out of hand esp. for the price.
Yea..took 3 wolverine body's on wolverine vs hulk to finally get it right..but they did it..pulling for ya,we all in this together.