Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #951
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Exactly. For the money one needs to pay to get an XM statue to the US, this piece needs to be spectacular. That's not the case. It's not blowing me away either. On the other hand, the new Wolvie PF blew me away.
I feel the same way.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #952
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
By the time someone pays the shipping cost for the XM Wolvie...it'll be double the price of the new sideshow PF. On top of that, I think the new PF looks far better than the XM brown Wolvie. If I'm in the market for a 1/4 Wolverine statue, the new PF is a no-brainer for me.
I get what you're saying but in this particular situation the shipping is going to be minimal because it has a US license.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #953
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

For many comparing the recent SS PF to this XM piece is an apples vs oranges argument as they’re two totally different interpretations of the character. Speaking for myself I couldn’t care less how great the SS piece is because it doesn’t change the fact that it’s NOT the brown costume. For me the only comparison that can and should be drawn is between this and the brown Wolverine PF from a couple years ago.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #954
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I get what you're saying but in this particular situation the shipping is going to be minimal because it has a US license.
Uhm....no. XM does not have a Marvel license to distribute their 1/4 Marvel merch anywhere in North America. Sideshow has seen to that.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:52 PM   #955
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
For many comparing the recent SS PF to this XM piece is an apples vs oranges argument as they’re two totally different interpretations of the character. Speaking for myself I couldn’t care less how great the SS piece is because it doesn’t change the fact that it’s NOT the brown costume. For me the only comparison that can and should be drawn is between this and the brown Wolverine PF from a couple years ago.
This is true if you are dead set on a brown Wolverine. Others may not have any other preference but to have an awesome looking 1/4 Wolvie in their collection regardless of the costume he's wearing.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #956
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
This is true if you are dead set on a brown Wolverine. Others may not have any other preference but to have an awesome looking 1/4 Wolvie in their collection regardless of the costume he's wearing.
I think a lot of us are indeed dead set on a brown Wolverine. It’s insane with how many revisits the blue/yellow has received that this is only the 2nd 1:4 scale brown ever produced across all companies. It’s been a loooooong time coming.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #957
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
😀
Pose SS > XM
Base SS < XM
Unmasked SS < XM
Masked SS > XM
Body Sculpt SS > XM

Matt black would've done better (traditional looking) portraits but i'm sure he was directed otherwise, same with the bowl at the base.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #958
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
I think a lot of us are indeed dead set on a brown Wolverine. It’s insane with how many revisits the blue/yellow has received that this is only the 2nd 1:4 scale brown ever produced across all companies. It’s been a loooooong time coming.
I don't doubt it. Especially if you didn't like sideshow's brown Wolvie. Thankfully, I liked it and have it in my collection. If this piece would've blown me away, I would have sold the brown PF and replaced it with this XM brown Wolvie. That didn't happen so I'll stick with the 3 Wolverine statues I bought from sideshow (The COM, Brown PF, and the latest release).

Congrats to all of you getting this Brown Wolvie from XM. I hope it meets all of your expectations.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:50 PM   #959
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
The problem is the XM Wolverine is $1,000 and the Sideshow Wolverine is $570. And I can't imagine many people think the XM version is ~$500 better than the Sideshow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Exactly. For the money one needs to pay to get an XM statue to the US, this piece needs to be spectacular. That's not the case. It's not blowing me away either. On the other hand, the new Wolvie PF blew me away.
This
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:02 PM   #960
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
The problem is the XM Wolverine is $1,000 and the Sideshow Wolverine is $570. And I can't imagine many people think the XM version is ~$500 better than the Sideshow.
Yep, there are a couple here for sure. Me, I'm happy with my cheap toy and an extra $500 in my pocket..