Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #291
Valderen
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
So mine arrived and i just set him up.

I don't have Malavestros but this is the best COTD piece i've had. I'm gonna go out on a limb, i don't say these things usually ( especially so quick ) but i am so giddy and excited at this so i'm just gonna say it lol.

Details, details, details and just more details, this is a piece you can just stare at from every angle....I looooove how they have done the paints, the bronze and copper tones, touches of that ethereal blue on his base...

Mortighull was my instant fave as soon as i saw him back in 2014 and man oh man am i glad SS went ahead with him, he's everything i wanted and more!

Pics incoming and a video review to follow!
Grats, yeah he’s amazing.

Malavestros is my favorite, but Mortighul is close behind.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:30 PM   #292
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
So mine arrived and i just set him up.

I don't have Malavestros but this is the best COTD piece i've had. I'm gonna go out on a limb, i don't say these things usually ( especially so quick ) but i am so giddy and excited at this so i'm just gonna say it lol.

Details, details, details and just more details, this is a piece you can just stare at from every angle....I looooove how they have done the paints, the bronze and copper tones, touches of that ethereal blue on his base...

Mortighull was my instant fave as soon as i saw him back in 2014 and man oh man am i glad SS went ahead with him, he's everything i wanted and more!

Pics incoming and a video review to follow!
Congrats, look forward to your video review. I'm glad to hear the paints on his armor look good, I always thought it should have been a bit more golden in appearance kinda like Ornstein's from Dark Souls.

Now you have it in hand do you think they were right to change his original 2014 pose with the sword down ?

majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:16 PM   #293
Valderen
The Spirit

I personally still prefer the original pose with the sword down.

I think and this is just my opinion that it was changed for engineering reason.

It's hard to explain without having him in hand, but the hands+hilt is fitted into the arms with a motion that goes from upward from right to left. So I believe that the sword being down and right would have weight pulls the hands directly out of the arms sockets, while having the sword up and left kinda pulls in a different direction probably lowering the chance that the arms fall out.

Just a guess on my part, but it's the feeling I got assembling him, especially since I thought the arms were not the most secure fit.

He's still awesome, but original was nicer in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #294
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Congrats, look forward to your video review. I'm glad to hear the paints on his armor look good, I always thought it should have been a bit more golden in appearance kinda like Ornstein's from Dark Souls.

Now you have it in hand do you think they were right to change his original 2014 pose with the sword down ?

The gold is toned down overall but there is a lot here still....a lot of colours going on here, coppers, silvers, bronzes, blues, golds, highlights pick out armour details and lots of blacks which contrast to make the golds and silvers pop under lighting...he looks dirty, battle worn, rather than new and shiny, which definitely works better with the overall COTD tone.

I prefer this pose....i much prefer him battle ready, ready to strike, it just works better with the twist in his body and the tilt of his head imo...i never had huge problems with the original pose but i just think this works better.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #295
kiosh
Birdman

awesome, i will open mine in hours!
kiosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #296
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Ready for some.....erm a lot of Mortighull pics? Review will be up tomorrow....it's basically me saying I ----ING LOVE THIS STATUE.

Pics!

Old 09-26-2018, 04:30 PM   #297
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Old 09-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #298
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Old 09-26-2018, 04:43 PM   #299
Valderen
The Spirit

Nice pictures dude, much better than mine with an old iPhone in poor lightning, shows the colors much better.

He is truly awesome.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:46 PM   #300
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Looks fantastic, statue of the year contender.

Is it is explained anywhere why he has his other arms shackled behind his back ? I don't follow the COTD mythos.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote