Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 04-11-2017, 11:50 PM   #2291
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

PART I - because reasons (10 image limit)

Alrighty...again mine is #49. That is the exact number I wanted so jokes on you, Chronicle! 49. 4+9=13. 4x9=36. 13+36=49 WHAM BAM ALIENS!

Now let's review this like I'm some important reviewer:

UPS: 3/10
BO Rex: 9/10
Base: 10/10 (Note: Might drop in the event the fence had the ball dropped, 9/10)
Packaging: 10/10

UPS: They are breaking my balls, man. My Endo rep and BO rex boxes took heavy beatings. Paul or whom it may concern, I think I rather pay more on the FED EX shipping...seriously, UPS is breaking my balls. Big packages via UPS have almost ALWAYS arrived at all of my homes beat up as if they went through the fires of hell before being lifted back to Earth by Christ for their lack of sins... FED EX has basically a flawless record. I can't think of one instance, ever, when a package through them arrived in any condition other than mint. And I buy ALOT of stuff, especially since my house fire.

BO Rex: I don't know what QC went into this via CC but in any case, I am extremely happy. The spots DO NOT STAND OUT in person. As I expected cameras make them stand out but in person I can't say I care just 1% about them. Rest of the paint app helps take your eyes away from them, no problem. For the record, it has a very nice weight to it.

Base: Not bad, Toynami. Is it absolutely perfect? Nah lol. Nothing ever is. But it's well done and a 10 score well deserved. It might drop to a 9 if my fence is off for any reason. I did not check on the fence yet and I probably won't for several months while my new home is still in the construction stages. My cat would throw down with my NECA alien queen so I'm sure she would do the same with BO rex as the only place I have to display is my glass computer desk....

Packaging: As always CC's packaging does the job. It protected my Endo 1/4 and BO rex. I'm not anal about product boxes as I will not be selling the products I buy from collectible companies, but the boxes themselves are artwork and it nags at me the unneeded damage to them during shipping because UPS employees don't care and just let our boxes fly from one side of their trucks to the other while on the road. If only UPS existed for shipments, internet business would die within a year ._.

Now, I do have criticisms for the BO Rex. Yes I am extremely happy with it, but there are parts of this that I would say some people would have issues with. I strive to be fair in my reviews so here goes:

1)I guess I wrongly assumed the base of the body would be in one piece, head to tail and the add ons would be the arms, teeth, tongue, whatever. That is not the case. The tail is a separate piece it seems, and Toynami did a less than stellar job attaching it. The seam is kind of awful, guys. It's uh, it's not something I expected to see.

A crack? Fracture? You can only see it with this one angle. I struggle to call it an issue. Just another thing I found curious:

2)What is wrong with your FACE. The Teeth are not perfect. I've seen 1:1 Endo bust teeth so it was kind of expected to see a tooth or two connected to one another. Not a major sin for me but it's like...why not take 60 seconds or less and separate the two!

3)What is wrong with your F- belly???

Ar-are these spots nipples? Again, the camera makes the spots out to be alot worse than meets the eye:

Whatever that is on her belly(not talking about the spots, the uh..lines)it doesn't bother me too much. I'm curious to know if that's on the proto or not. The seams attaching the tail to body aren't there on proto from the images I've seen. Paul is such a fanatic about no seams so I just didn't expect to see any, especially through Toynami.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:50 PM   #2292
Enforcer

PART II

No problem for me here but curious nonetheless. They could have done a better job on whatever this was supposed to be. I guess smoothed better after it came out of the mold?

Seam work not perfect but hey, it's a star wars movie! -SLJ

With all of that said some might be asking how can someone still be extremely happy? what a moran! Well for one, at least I can spell moron, and two, yeah well at least I've got a JP grail while you skipped on it because reasons Seriously, the spots are not an eye catcher and all the flaws I picked out are unseen when displayed. *shrug* it's your loss, muns.

Thank you Chronicle Collectibles. It's not a grand slam but my BO Rex is definitely a homerun. Please have a firm ass talking with Toynami because their seams are breaking my balls, man. I see that proto and that incredible job of hiding the seams and it breaks my heart to some extent that the much hyped Toynami did what they did. I kind of feel like they are on a high horse like, yeah we did it. What are you going to do? Take your business elsewhere?

Final shots, with future friends and don't mind the mess. Try living in tiny 11x14 rooms with even smaller closets while your home is built ._. :

Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:55 AM   #2293
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Nice pics and good review. Thanks for sharing.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:41 AM   #2294
Kefka2200

The chest design is part of the actual rex i believe. If I'm not mistaken, the Kenner toy even had it.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:26 AM   #2295
Rotties4ever
Fantastic Four

Thanks for your review and pics.
Rotties4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:32 AM   #2296
Simon25
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I want my prototype
Simon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:07 AM   #2297
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Looks like CC are going over the spotty area to tone it down. Something I won't have the luxury of.
Even thought this cost me a lot more than you guys paid.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #2298
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In contrast to the Rex Enforcer has reviewed, my own rex does not have: the issues with the arms, noticeably joined teeth, outstanding dots on the inferior.
Also unfortunate for me, Enforcer's Rex shows some warmer browns in areas.

In common with Enforcer's Rex:
When flipped upside down, there is somrwhat noticeable seem banding where the tail connects, and a flattening on the dewlap (also a series of mechanical dashes).
The tail seem was annoying, the flattening/dashes on the dewlap was dissappointing.

I can't help but be terribly interested in what goes into the production of these and like products and imagine how issues can be avoided.

I think having worked in QC & QA so long, its really difficult to give my own review while still sounding how happy I really am with the piece.

As seen in my photos it is not as large as the latest SS Rex, but when setting side by side, I immediately noticed how the Break Out Rex has a much more powerful presence.
As others have said, the photos don't do it justice.
I have a bunch of dinos and after a while, their open mouths all start to look like yawns, but the Break Out Rex really summons the sound (and scene).
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #2299
ianhiatt
Doh!

#10 arrived in Vermont this week. Like most others here, I'm underwhelmed by the paint job, but it's still a fantastic piece. I'm scheming some display ideas with audio/strobe effects...

I think the mild disappointment stems from just knowing about the debate, but also because I received the stegosaur maquette at the same time, and that is flawless. If anyone has doubts about CC's capabilities and expertise, I'd direct them to the stego.
ianhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #2300
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
Looks like CC are going over the spotty area to tone it down. Something I won't have the luxury of.
Even thought this cost me a lot more than you guys paid.
weren't you going to cancel?
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote