Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #1371
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
LOL man i wish i knew... couple years

BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:00 AM   #1372
pokritz17
Hydra

free Global Shipping on this guy now for the comicon promo
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #1373
darren1228
Zot

Resurrecting an old thread. I finally found a chain that was in scale with Croc. I love this PF, very underrated, the scales on his skin is fantastic, and his reg portrait is an absolute beast. The only complaint I had with him was the hideous neck seam. Problem solved and he is one of my favorite PFs.

I love Batman's rogue gallery!!! May get Mr. Freeze if he goes on sale. They'll go great together.

darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:32 AM   #1374
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Nice addition!

I think it's a great PF but i agree with others when they say he's undersized and then when you pair him with a over sized SS Batman it looks worse. Croc is supposed to be big and imposing beside Batman and this doesn't deliver that.

But i agree it's well designed with great details otherwise.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #1375
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Resurrecting an old post. I finally found a chain that was in scale with Croc. I love this PF, very underrated, the scales on his skin is fantastic, and his reg portrait is an absolute beast. The only complaint I had with him was the hideous neck seam. Problem solved and he is one of my favorite PFs.

I love Batman's rogue gallery!!! May get Mr. Freeze if he goes on sale. They'll go great together.

Looks good. Agreed, this is a very underappreciated piece. The sculpt and paint are superb (even if the piece is a bit undersized). It's just so unfortunate that it was let down by such an unnecessary flaw. The neck seam on mine is particularly bad. Might I ask where you purchased the chain?
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #1376
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Nice addition!

I think it's a great PF but i agree with others when they say he's undersized and then when you pair him with a over sized SS Batman it looks worse. Croc is supposed to be big and imposing beside Batman and this doesn't deliver that.

But i agree it's well designed with great details otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
Looks good. Agreed, this is a very underappreciated piece. The sculpt and paint are superb (even if the piece is a bit undersized). It's just so unfortunate that it was let down by such an unnecessary flaw. The neck seam on mine is particularly bad. Might I ask where you purchased the chain?
I wholeheartedly agree, I would've loved him to be bigger. He is really dwarfed by Batman and Bane.

I found the chain on an auction site here in Taiwan. I'm sure you can find one that suits the purpose on ebay.
Just looked on ebay and here are some I found. I'd really get proper measurements...the first one I bought was way too thin and it looked like a necklace on Croc haha.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Tow-C...4AAOSwZjJU6FKS
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-O-Scales...UAAOSwik9behH8
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Metal-T...MAAOxyoeBSCHaQ
Old 05-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #1377
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree, I would've loved him to be bigger. He is really dwarfed by Batman and Bane.

I found the chain on an auction site here in Taiwan. I'm sure you can find one that suits the purpose on ebay.
Just looked on ebay and here are some I found. I'd really get proper measurements...the first one I bought was way too thin and it looked like a necklace on Croc haha.
Yeah, that would be like rubbing salt in the wound -- undersized, dainty necklace wearing Croc.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll shop around a bit on the Bay.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:05 AM   #1378
darren1228
Zot

Just for fun...I compared Croc and Batman to see if one really dwarfed the other. To my surprise it isn't as bad as I thought. If we are talking about Arkham Asylum video game Croc or Jim Lee Hush Croc then yes, he is way way way undersized. But if we are talking about human sized comic Croc or Batman Animated series Croc then he isn't too shabby size wise (Croc PF is still bigger than Batman PF).

Croc looks severely undersized due to his lower base and hunched posture. Making matters worse a lot of people learned of Croc from the Arkham series video games where he is a giant. If you compare the size of their heads and hands you'll see that Croc is bigger. I still wish Croc was bigger like Bane but it isn't as bad as I thought.

I really want to complete Batman's Rogues gallery...but worried that Sideshow will never get around to it and even if they do I'll be priced out by then
Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 AM   #1379
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Just for fun...I compared Croc and Batman to see if one really dwarfed the other. To my surprise it isn't as bad as I thought. If we are talking about Arkham Asylum video game Croc or Jim Lee Hush Croc then yes, he is way way way undersized. But if we are talking about human sized comic Croc or Batman Animated series Croc then he isn't too shabby size wise (Croc PF is still bigger than Batman PF).

I really want to complete Batman's Rogues gallery...but worried that Sideshow will never get around to it and even if they do I'll be priced out by then
True. Lee bulked him up quite significantly which is why I didn't care for the EX portrait. If we're talking classic Killer Croc, this is a great interpretation of him. Also one could argue (and many have) that Batman is oversized, so there's that.

To your other point, I think you are right to worry, unfortunately. By time they get around to Riddler and Scarecrow (if they ever do these characters), PFs will be approaching $1000, if not more.

For me, Mr. Freeze is already a super tough decision at $720, even with some reward points factored in.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:35 AM   #1380
darren1228
Zot

All this talk of Matt Reeves' Batman Trilogy (Robert Pattinson confirmed??) has me in Batman fever mode....

God can I get a Man-Bat in statue form?? Igo if you are reading this we need a Man-Bat!!!