Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #11
ukshaun
Kiss my shiny metal arse!
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 4,088
I picked up Whisper by Gentle Giant
No news on shipping. I get the impression BBTS has to order it from GG first, then ship it out.
Given the price GG charge if ordered direct, fails to make sense how BBTS can offer the deal they are?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:52 PM   #12
jeremydmc
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
Adamantium Plus Member
 
jeremydmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,807
My GG Thor Ragnarok that was on this sale arrived today from BBTS.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #13
omigeo
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.
 
omigeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
My GG Thor Ragnarok that was on this sale arrived today from BBTS.
Well, what do you think of it? huh, huh!! heheeh

Show pictures please
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #14
Bubsy
Doh!
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I picked up Whisper by Gentle Giant
No news on shipping. I get the impression BBTS has to order it from GG first, then ship it out.
Given the price GG charge if ordered direct, fails to make sense how BBTS can offer the deal they are?
I would imagine BBTS is the largest online collectible store by a fairly big margin, at least comparing how much each site invests in their websites. They are getting wholesale prices from GG. Even though this is a liquidation sale, GG is probably stilll heavilg reliant upon BBTS to dump their wares.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #15
ukshaun
Kiss my shiny metal arse!
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 4,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
I would imagine BBTS is the largest online collectible store by a fairly big margin, at least comparing how much each site invests in their websites. They are getting wholesale prices from GG. Even though this is a liquidation sale, GG is probably stilll heavilg reliant upon BBTS to dump their wares.
67% off is quite price cut. And they call it a pre_order sale?
I'm assuming that's another way of saying, not in stock. Maybe they have to sell X amount before obtaining stock from GG
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #16
qz33
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,702
It is easier for GG to just ship a load of everything direct to BBTS than to deal with customers themselves.

As many companies around here could stand to learn this is why distributors/retailers exist.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #17
jeremydmc
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
Adamantium Plus Member
 
jeremydmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Well, what do you think of it? huh, huh!! heheeh

Show pictures please
Just got home and my regular mail is in the mailbox but no package. I rechecked and it says it was delivered. Looks like a porch thief got it.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #18
omigeo
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.
 
omigeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Just got home and my regular mail is in the mailbox but no package. I rechecked and it says it was delivered. Looks like a porch thief got it.

Sorry to hear that Jeremydmc
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #19
Bubsy
Doh!
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It is easier for GG to just ship a load of everything direct to BBTS than to deal with customers themselves.

As many companies around here could stand to learn this is why distributors/retailers exist.
Especially when their site probably gets negligible traffic.

The whole “pre-order” icon is just a limitation of BBTS’s tech. That other guy is right, they never created a separate icon for backorder.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #20
jal4u2c
Frackin!
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 49
Very good prices! It shows how much GG is over-charging on a lot of this stuff. I picked up a couple busts i had been holding out on because they were just too high. Plus if you order from GG, they charge tax no matter where you're from and their shipping charges are outrageous.
jal4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com