Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-15-2018, 12:12 AM   #21
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaParallax View Post
for you guys, when you hit a certain number of batman pieces...what has to "pop" for you to splurge on getting yet another edition of a batman?
To put it simply, a version i dont have already or a concept that is too perfect to pass up
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:37 AM   #22
my2cents
Fantastic Four

Smile BAT Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaParallax View Post
for you guys, when you hit a certain number of batman pieces...what has to "pop" for you to splurge on getting yet another edition of a batman?
I understand everyone is different when it comes to their motivation.

Batman was my 'superhero' as a kid. The nostalgia in my cabinet is probably a little why we all collect pieces. Only having Batman is not only a reflection of my childhood but also my little collection of Art that I admire. It's more affordable and dramatic than a Sotheby Auctions Picasso Piece and my nephew loves coming to my house.

There is plenty of ridiculous Bats and some really good creations like the Samurai Batman Statue from 'XM Studios'. I believe Batman is so recombinant in his character over time, he makes the perfect collectible than any other character. If you're into creating a Marvel or DC Museum, go for it. I have my cave that looks amazing thanks to the artists both on the screen and off.

I like to think I am done, but if they keep coming up with new stories for Batman on Screen, It keeps me excited like a big kid .
my2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #23
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents View Post

I like to think I am done, but if they keep coming up with new stories for Batman on Screen, It keeps me excited like a big kid .
Unfortunately, you may have to budget for a Jake Gyllenhaal Batman in the near future.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote