Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 02-18-2007, 09:51 AM   #1
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Daytona 500

Does anyone here besides me care? A group of my friends are coming over to watch. We are having Cajun Chicken, Corn on the Cob, and German Fried Potatoes. Along with a healthy dose of malty, hoppy, adult beverages.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
The Fog
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Me and my "redneck" friend's are tuning in, only track that I want to go to but haven't gotten there yet.
Beer, shotgun's and the "Star's and Bar's" a little girl named Daisy's comin over.
And were from Pa yet, right near Pocono Raceway.
It's just sad that the Camry's are built more in the U.S. than the big 3 anymore, my Monte Carlo SS is made in Canada, and I remember when Chevrolet moved there El Camino plant to Mexico, then it was discontinued.
Ford and the Dodge boy's are slipping in leap's and bound's.
Yeah NAFTA, Yeah Clinton.
Any how, since Terry Labonte retired, I guess I'll have to pull for Jeff Burton, everybody else likes DE jr., or Jeff Gordon, then there are the other's who change team's and paint schemes from one week to the next, used to like it better when you could tell the exact team almost every week for a whole season, now with all the extra marketing, it seem's like every week it's a new sponsor or paint job to sell that new diecast on QVC.
Miss Swervin' Ervin, former favorite!
Good luck to your favorites, just hope for a great race, the truck race finish was great, and the Busch race, I think they still call it that, was a real hoot
to!
Anybody but Tony Stewart.
The Fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I have actually been to Daytona. I was there in 2001 when Dale got killed. Daytona is not a good track to watch a race, it is much to big. You have a much better view from your recliner.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

i like the raving but don't realy follow it much, when i'm flipping channels i always try to watch, mostly formula 1.
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:19 PM   #5
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Well considering that I was searching before I made a thread like this so there wouldn't be a duplicate, my answer is yes. I look forward to Daytona each year for at least the last five or six years. Can't say that I am a fan like I am a football fan, but I like Nascar and enjoy watching on Sundays during the off season (off season being football off season). Once upon a time I used to watch every Bruins game and whatever NBA and College BBall game. Now I haven't watched a regular season Hockey or Basketball game in about three seasons (I have been live a few times).

My guy is Dale Jr. I used to like Rusty and Dale Sr. Hate Tony Stewart (not really hate, but like to hate him type of thing) and I sort of like Jeff Gordon.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
Boerboel
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

After #3 checked out I kind of lost interest as he was my guy. It just doesn't seem as exciting anymore to me, the way he could charge thru the pack was a thing of beauty and is sorely missed. I do like Jr. but I still can't get into it like I used to. I watch a few laps or mostly the highlites on espn these days. I also don't like Toyota being involved, it just doesn't seem right to me. Just my opinion anyway.
Boerboel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
NASCAR =
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
ant-man
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

yawn.....
ant-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:50 AM   #9
kirthew
Zot

It was a boring race until the final 25 laps.. that final lap was crazy insane.. where did Harveck come from.. no where.. and then he won the entire thing.. really thought Martin was going to take it... but man.. what a crazy last lap... boring race.. great finish..
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
darthmatrix
What's another word for Thesaurus?

First 150 laps were so so but those last 50 were great. Damn shame Martin didnt win I was pulling for him near the end but that was one great run harvick got.
darthmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote