Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 10-04-2020, 10:25 PM   #11
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberOrange View Post
How can they copy the pose of an action figure? Shao Kahn on throne is just an iconic pose. The price increase in this case is justifiable, Goro stands 14” tall, much larger than the average 1:10 scale figure. Just look at the difference with the zoomed out image.
I mean the standard position, he's an action figure but he came with the throne and Shao Khan sitting on the throne is the standard image, because like you said is an iconic pose.

It's something close to the version that PCS announced once, that would be 1/3, they maked a Goro too, so I just said that's nothing really original in taking that aproach, I don't said they "copy", they follow a path that other companies walked before.

I would be more surprised if they make an old Shang Tsung with Goro first, wich would make more sense (MK1 bosses), or Kintaro with Shao Khan (MK2), but there's nothing wrong start a new line in the safe mode, I liked.

And about prices... Goro reaches 14" tall because his arm is raised, and he is in a diorama like base, nothing of this justified 200 dolars if you take a good look.

I'll give you a good example, the first IS Magneto 1/10 with black base was very cheap (less than 100 dolars if I remember well), and it's a beautiful piece, now the new one of the sentinel's diorama, in the solo version you pay 250 dolars!! I saw both in person, what the second have beyond that "Deluxe" on the name? Just a base to making him stands high, but still is the same character in the same scale!

So 200 dolars is fine because Goro is "much larger than the average 1:10 scale figure" right? Like Emma Frost for example? The small (8.2") and thin 1/10 Emma Frost, you know how much IS charge her? 170 dolars. Now how much do you think they will charge Shao Khan?

I'm not even close to be the first one to complain about the increased of prices from IS, but if you considered ok pay 200 dolars here, be my guest!

Because people that measure price with how much tall a statue is, they do this, and I can't blame IS because looks like it works!

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:09 AM   #12
xb24
Sinister Six

Why aren't we seeing the other 1:10 IS pieces at Wonderfest? I wanted to see the Goro display.
xb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:21 AM   #13
GrabberOrange
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I mean the standard position, he's an action figure but he came with the throne and Shao Khan sitting on the throne is the standard image, because like you said is an iconic pose.

It's something close to the version that PCS announced once, that would be 1/3, they maked a Goro too, so I just said that's nothing really original in taking that aproach, I don't said they "copy", they follow a path that other companies walked before.

I would be more surprised if they make an old Shang Tsung with Goro first, wich would make more sense (MK1 bosses), or Kintaro with Shao Khan (MK2), but there's nothing wrong start a new line in the safe mode, I liked.

And about prices... Goro reaches 14" tall because his arm is raised, and he is in a diorama like base, nothing of this justified 200 dolars if you take a good look.

I'll give you a good example, the first IS Magneto 1/10 with black base was very cheap (less than 100 dolars if I remember well), and it's a beautiful piece, now the new one of the sentinel's diorama, in the solo version you pay 250 dolars!! I saw both in person, what the second have beyond that "Deluxe" on the name? Just a base to making him stands high, but still is the same character in the same scale!

So 200 dolars is fine because Goro is "much larger than the average 1:10 scale figure" right? Like Emma Frost for example? The small (8.2") and thin 1/10 Emma Frost, you know how much IS charge her? 170 dolars. Now how much do you think they will charge Shao Khan?

I'm not even close to be the first one to complain about the increased of prices from IS, but if you considered ok pay 200 dolars here, be my guest!

Because people that measure price with how much tall a statue is, they do this, and I can't blame IS because looks like it works!

Nothing "original" so in other words, don't make characters other companies made... I'm glad they're going the route they are, I don't want new MK designs. McFarlane would probably usurp Storm Collectibles if they went with the classic design.

I realize it's 14" tall because he's reaching, but that's why I pointed out to look at the picture zoomed out with him next to the LOTR Troll to see the mass of this piece. Unfortunately the price of all collectibles with every company keeps going up. So as collectors, we're screwed.

Regarding the Magneto example, that's a ridiculous increase. Looking at the Shao Kahn image he may be the same price as Goro since he's on a throne. They should realistically be 8-10% cheaper. I ended up pre-ordering Goro on IS website, cheapest option.
GrabberOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #14
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #15
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
''You will BOW to me!!!!!''........
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:51 PM   #16
Gothichand
Fantastic Four

By the Elder Gods pls make a Kitana one! Fingers crossed!
Gothichand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:08 AM   #17
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Looks like this got delayed.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:10 AM   #18
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Looks like Raiden is releasing overseas so that should be the first piece to hit the states. Suprised it wasn't Shao Kahn or Goro.

Anyways if you are a Sideshow shopper, Shao Kahn is showing "almost sold out" "low stock" so better get your order in before it's gone there.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:28 AM   #19
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Looks like Raiden is releasing overseas so that should be the first piece to hit the states. Suprised it wasn't Shao Kahn or Goro.

Anyways if you are a Sideshow shopper, Shao Kahn is showing "almost sold out" "low stock" so better get your order in before it's gone there.
No it's not. That piece is from the Inside Iron Studios event, there was a Quiz and the winner take the Raiden they showed at the event.

Raiden is still in production.
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote