Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-28-2016, 02:40 AM   #41
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Just a matter or time. Trust me....XM knows full well how popular and most wanted Storm is....trust me on this. Besides...when Demona speaks....XM tends to listen.

I wonder if that's who that was in that concept? Hmmmm.....
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:50 AM   #42
Peedi
The Secret Six

As much as I love Storm I don't like her newer neo-Mohawk looks or what they represent from a story perspective (taken from being Queen of Wakanda, inner council of the X-Men and main team Avenger down to just being submissive to Wolverine...horrible direction) ... I could never see myself passing up an XM Storm but I would if it was one of those newer costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
That being said, there are two costumes that I love that never get enough credit because they weren't used long. However, they are plays off the original costume. I would prefer it made with boots, if this was inspiration and a nice change of pace from exactly the original costume.
AGREED! This is my preferred costume.

But the costume in its various variations has actually been used a lot. Several fighting games, several cartoons, AvX, etc.

Alan Davis originated the costume. This is the first variation.

It was abandoned when he left but came back when he returned after the Morrison era ended in the mid 2000s.

From there its had several variations over the years. On this one the jagged trim is smoothed out and the front of the cape doesn't have peaks at the shoulders.

Bathing suit version with boots

FF all black and white team costume variation

Avengers version, it's the bathing suit variation but no gold like her FF variation. Acuna actually messed up this panel, he forgot to add the cape straps in this pic! (He draws them in every other time though, just a mistake here.)

Wolverine & the X-Men cartoon, the traditional placement of yellow and white is reversed.

I think this one might be my favorite variation and this is its only appearance. Same basic body suit but she uses a different cape here. Also instead of a sash or no sash a red X belt sash was added. I'd prefer the old white sash with lightning bolt attachments (like the 2nd pic I posted) but still, I like this cape version.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:05 AM   #43
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Oops wrong thread lol
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:48 AM   #44
Peedi
The Secret Six

Lol, I certainly didn't help. I got carried away.

Jean!
Jean!
Jean!
Jean!

There. Back on track. But why was another Jean Phoenix thread started anyway? Did I miss something?
Old 06-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #45
AC_808
Hercules

Not sure why another thread was made. I was hoping the Mod could just merge this thread to the old one.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #46
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Come on guys we have an thread with 6030 comments. No need to post in an new one.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:05 PM   #47
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well as we have hijacked this thread, maybe we should have it renamed to be something like XM Studios 1:4 Ororo Monroe/Storm (wish list)

Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #48
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Well as we have hijacked this thread, maybe we should have it renamed to be something like XM Studios 1:4 Ororo Monroe/Storm (wish list)

I was thinking the same thing. But then I know how annoyed some people get with speculation/wish list threads. But then again, there's always gona be somebody who's annoyed with something.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #49
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

It's not a bad idea as we already have a Phoenix thread. This one shouldn't have been started in the first place.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #50
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, I say re-purpose this thread into a Storm thread. But that needs to be indicated in the first post to eliminate confusion.

If not, then this thread needs to be merged with the older thread. Hopefully soon as this thread will only get bigger.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote