Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-09-2018, 06:03 PM   #341
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Honestly i love this statue, but then i loved SFV Bison as soon as he was revealed.

For me this is looks better from a 3/4 angle, straight on will look better in hand, doesn't work so well as a flat image.....and you don't really get the lean forward from the front which i think sells this for me....

DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #342
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

And honestly the EX hands are a must imo.

Old 11-10-2018, 01:11 AM   #343
qz33
Rescue

I know Ultra Vega hasn't had leaning problems yet but if this doesn't either then there's no excuse for any company to EVER have any statue lean because if ever there was a candidate to lean, it's this one right here.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:01 AM   #344
Jiggatron69
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I know Ultra Vega hasn't had leaning problems yet but if this doesn't either then there's no excuse for any company to EVER have any statue lean because if ever there was a candidate to lean, it's this one right here.
Right? I dont understand how leaning cant be solved in the proto phase? Like you know how much the statue weighs and the gravity applied over time so just use the appropriate tensil strength material. Ive had mulstiple statues from SS get the whole pimp lean which i then i had to go get custom repairs. Very irritating.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:28 AM   #345
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
As ever my response to stuff like this is that all the pieces that lean are ones that people don't expect to lean. Look at statues that lean from companies, they are usually just ones standing straight up. Why? Because they don't expect them to lean so they don't reinforce them and when the factory cheaps out on the polystone or doesn't let it cure properly there's no metal to keep it from leaning. Pieces like these or vega are the ones I least expect to lean.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:39 AM   #346
chris1203
The Spirit
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
yea i agree
chris1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:40 PM   #347
DeadGhostKnight
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
As ever my response to stuff like this is that all the pieces that lean are ones that people don't expect to lean. Look at statues that lean from companies, they are usually just ones standing straight up. Why? Because they don't expect them to lean so they don't reinforce them and when the factory cheaps out on the polystone or doesn't let it cure properly there's no metal to keep it from leaning. Pieces like these or vega are the ones I least expect to lean.
Youre totally right, it's usually cheap materials and exposure to high temps that does it. The angle on Ultra Vega is insane but it's perfect..... but old school Vega leans like a mofo...
Old 11-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #348
dao2
Cyclops

Heat of course can do it, but also if it's not cured properly or they don't put enough stone powder or use especially cheap resin (cause it's probably already cheap resin) then leaning is what happens heat or no heat.

Pieces like bison could of course have leaning problems, but even with proper polystone and curing they are the type of statues that are probably going to lean anyway so they NEED reinforcement and hence they get it as part of the design unless they were just designed like ----.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:09 PM   #349
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I just got the email that my waitlist for the ex has converted. Leads me to belive this should be coming out soon so has anybody heard anything new on this.

Of course my waitlist converted on the same day i po Domino from sideshow also.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:22 AM   #350
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
I just got the email that my waitlist for the ex has converted. Leads me to belive this should be coming out soon so has anybody heard anything new on this.

Of course my waitlist converted on the same day i po Domino from sideshow also.
Or someone just cancelled.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote