Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 01-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #21
Marvelcap
Fantastic Four

Awesome piece!
Also very cool that he used it to announce he was going to be at C2E2 this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm C2E2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	120140  
Marvelcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:56 PM   #22
SONICobra
Batman

that looks incredible , i love the way he did the shadows of the tree. just stunning all around, big congrats!
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #23
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Savageland Storm is done, and it’s amazing! I didn’t ask for background, the shading and background is all David’s direction. Since I don’t have any other Storm commissions posed like this, it’s going to stand out even more because it’s unique. I really can’t wait to see this in person

If you can get on his list - do it. Class act, fast, and professional.
That looks amazing!

Was it easy to describe what you wanted and he understood or did it take a few revisions to get it right?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:42 PM   #24
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
That looks amazing!

Was it easy to describe what you wanted and he understood or did it take a few revisions to get it right?
I literally told him two things: that I wanted “Savageland Storm” and “please don’t make her clothing too yellow/ruddy in color”.

I didn’t tell him pose, I didn’t see any prelims and didn’t ask for background. I just let him follow his creativity (I do that for all my commissions). The only questions he had for me were “this is the costume, right?” And he asked if the finished piece was “okay with me”. Hell yes it is!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thanks all! I will be sure to show it framed up and above the Storm statue display in my geek room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelcap View Post
Awesome piece!
Also very cool that he used it to announce he was going to be at C2E2 this year.
I saw that. So dope. I would like to meet David in person just to shake his hand and thank him.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #26
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I literally told him two things: that I wanted “Savageland Storm” and “please don’t make her clothing too yellow/ruddy in color”.

I didn’t tell him pose, I didn’t see any prelims, I just let him follow his creativity. The only questions he had for me were “this is the costume, right?” And he asked if the finished piece was “okay with me”. Hell yes it is!
Wow. That either means you're flexible and trusting, or he knew exactly what you wanted. Important aspect if you're happy with finished product. Be really hard to spend a lot of money and then what you get isn't what you wanted.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #27
freeform
The Spirit

That's great
freeform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #28
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Wow. That either means you're flexible and trusting, or he knew exactly what you wanted. Important aspect if you're happy with finished product. Be really hard to spend a lot of money and then what you get isn't what you wanted.
I wouldn’t commission an artist that I didn’t feel was capabale of drawing one of my top three usual requests. I look at a lot of the artist’s work to determine if they tackle it. In all my years of collecting I think I have only been lackluster about 1 or 2 comissions. And I do the same every time - tell them character and costume. i find if you have too many requirements, of takes away from the artists fun. They have told me that before.

For example, Yardin, draws the best storm in the business today (IMO). Never fails. So it was a no brainer I would request her.

You really should test the commission waters, it’s a fun time.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #29
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Just a gorgeous piece

Pieces like this are what keep commission collectors in the hobby. Simply amazing.

Congrats!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #30
whd
Suicide Squad

Outstanding! Congrats!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote