Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #281
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I generally don't trust anything about collectible news from Sideshow's customer service. It's been months since a Prime statue has gone up for sale on Sideshow's site. If the relationship hasn't changed from before then, then they'd be putting up their products like they used to.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:25 PM   #282
dao2
Cyclops

The support people probably don't know and if they did they probably can't give out info.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:26 PM   #283
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

It's possible the relationship has not officially changed, and I'm sure SSC wants to keep selling P1 stuff in order to keep 1/2 the sales. It's just P1 is not sending any new info to SSC. I guess P1 actually wants to make money now. This is all speculation, of course.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #284
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
The only concrete evidence that can be spoken on is that it's been many months now since a new P1 statue has gone up for order on Sideshow and nothing at all has been said to make people think it will change.
They also matched Sideshow's rewards program.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #285
Biggunz
Loki

Prime 1 is where's it's at BabyBayybaa

They ain't sweating sideshow
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #286
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I’m sure they’re more or less fine for collectors who know of their products and are part of the various forums and social media groups. My only concern is that those of us who are part of the above supposedly are a very small part of the overall market. So I’m assuming they might lose those customers who would’ve otherwise found out about their products from Sideshow and their resellers.

For example Popcultcha (Australia) hasn’t put up a single Prime 1 piece since this debacle, and because I primarily order locally in order to save upwards of 40% I haven’t been able to make a single order, as they source their pieces from Sideshow. And I doubt I will until they expand their economy shipping, and I very much doubt I’m the only one in this situation. And I’m someone who had a dozen 1/3 Prime 1 preorders when this mess hit the fan, and I haven’t added one since because of the relatively high cost of shipping.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:52 AM   #287
Python
Omega Red

Is it possible that she meant nothing has changed since they stopped listing Prime 1 pieces. That's how I took it anyway. The fact that Sideshow are saying there is hope does mean that they haven't completely given up however. I'm ready to order the Prime 1 City hunter statue. I will wait however to see what comes first..... Discounted EU shipping via Prime 1's store, or Sideshow distributing them again. Sideshow need to work fast, Prime 1 are quickly becoming a juggernaut in the hobby, if they can establish a good international network, they could be serious competition for SSC.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #288
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Definitely. Prime's products convinced me to switch my focus to 1/3 statues, and they consistently deliver when it comes to quality. I haven't ordered a Sideshow product in a long time, and none of my current preorders with Sideshow are any of their figures/statues.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #289
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Definitely. Prime's products convinced me to switch my focus to 1/3 statues, and they consistently deliver when it comes to quality. I haven't ordered a Sideshow product in a long time, and none of my current preorders with Sideshow are any of their figures/statues.
Yeah, most of my preorders (literally dozens) are either with Iron Studios, Prime 1 or Hot Toys.

I have 3 Sideshow pieces left on preorder, but two are coming in locally here in the next month or so (one of which was available in the US 2-3 months ago), so after that I’ll only have Aquaman and nothing else from Sideshow. Such a pity given that they’re the ones that convinced me to start collecting statues in the first place.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:30 AM   #290
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
So yesterday Prime 1 posted their Superboy and Robin piece for sale. I told my wife in the morning that I would sign up for Prime 1 after work to place the order. During the day she wanted to ask Sideshow if there was any chance they would be carrying the piece.

Here's the end of the chat on Sideshow's website yesterday

Yes? No?

Thoughts?
If sideshow's and prime 1 studio's relationship hasn't changed, why haven't sideshow put up any P1 items on they're website for the last few months?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote