Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 01-17-2017, 05:51 AM   #311
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog View Post
you should be banned for being one of the biggest douchebags on the planet. You truly are 100% a complete dick

get over it..move on with your life
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #312
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Ok... both of those sculps literally can wipe thier butt with the Viking!!!! Those two look awesome.

The reason I say it's not good is based on a few things. My number one complaint is the cape/cloak. It is obvious where and how it attaches. It just looks like there was no effort put into fitting it on. From a personal point, I don't like how short it is. It reminds me of an old woman's shawl. They should have left it off or made it bigger and more imposing. I also don't like how the statue fits on the base and the position of the head. It almost has to be displayed at eye level or higher to be appreciated.

As for the unfinished look... that's just the sculpting style. I'm guessing this piece was sculpted from clay and not on a computer. I like the veins and anatomy. It looks bad ass, despite the wonky leg position.

Now don't get me wrong... I like it, for the price...
Oh I see, I misunderstood. I thought you disliked the sculpting style with the trademark Shiflett Bros oversized muscles. and to answer your question, yes, the Shiflett Bros do traditional sculpting only and do not do anything digital.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #313
Grog
SF Minister of Etiquette and Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post

get over it..move on with your life
Right, I should get over it? You're the asshole suggesting I get banned for taking care of fellow board members. I never understand what drives a person like you to be such a complete and utter douchebag. Your life must be truly pathetic
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #314
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Right, I should get over it? You're the asshole suggesting I get banned for taking care of fellow board members. I never understand what drives a person like you to be such a complete and utter douchebag. Your life must be truly pathetic
GROG ignore him. Your an asset to this Forum. You made Viking possible.You also help me start my collection. THANK YOU!
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:26 PM   #315
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
He's not an asshole, he's English. As a result, his sense of humor is a bit warped... this comment about you supporting conmen and thieves I believe sarcasm for your supporting ARH in helping with the release of the Viking statue... and the deeper sarcasm was that anyone supporting ARH should be sanctioned like he was when the mods clipped his thread up. That's my take anyway. That's my take anyway. The Great One isn't a bad guy, just a little touched.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #316
The13thWarlock

You know seeing this thread come alive again is making me wonder if I shouldn't get the unfinished Eve... are people going to get her and paint her up like they did with the Viking and I'm going to be left out!!!!! I don't know!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #317
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
I think your prices are way too high. What do you say to that?
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #318
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
He's not an asshole, he's English.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:33 PM   #319
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

not sure what is going on here, but i purchased many pieces from grog through this forum and ebay and he's always been top notch seller.

Regarding this statue, i think it's great. Love the raw sculpt, and the paint and quality of assembly is top notch - much better than many of the other pieces where stuff dont fit or there are gaps.

It has a great presence on display, you guys can sht on it all you want because it's not a cookie cutter sideshow piece or medusa.
But i love this type of raw style that are constructed and painted differently. In person, it holds its own against any other 1/4 pieces next to it. It's also big.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:40 PM   #320
The13thWarlock

Yeah, Grog is good people. I got my Viking from him with no issues.

And lots of people feel like Gag... the veins and the muscles are cool and it is raw looking. I respect anyone still working with Clay. I might disagree on a few things with quality of paint and assembly, but who am I to yuck someone's yum. Glad you like yours.

I think I'm going to get around to working on mine again and repainting his beard.