Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-31-2018, 11:14 PM   #751
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Won't the flame just buckle and crack at some point, with Harley simply falling off?

I can see this leading to the ankle breaking since the pressure would be on that foot instead of only at the upper part of the flame.
The foot isn't touching the flame. The connection to the jetpack is the only point of contact. The lean is causing the foot to the side of it. Maybe if it was touching it would have prevented it from leaning so much.

bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:32 PM   #752
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwestley13 View Post
The foot isn't touching the flame. The connection to the jetpack is the only point of contact. The lean is causing the foot to the side of it. Maybe if it was touching it would have prevented it from leaning so much.
Yes, I know, I was responding to built2shred's suggestion of taping the foot to the flame. That would create another pressure point in addition to where the jet pack is attached to the flame.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 PM   #753
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I hate to say this because I love what Tweeterhead is doing and I have multiple statues from them, but for there first statue in there Superpowers line to have this major flaw in Design does not bode well for them.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:40 PM   #754
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I hate to say this because I love what Tweeterhead is doing and I have multiple statues from them, but for there first statue in there Superpowers line to have this major flaw in Design does not bode well for them.
Something else just came to mind. The riser has a smooth surface, so it's not attached or pegged into the bottom of the base. As the statue leans forward, it could cause the base to lean forward off the riser as well.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:41 PM   #755
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
If I had seen a lot more collectors with this complaint then it’s an issue. However it’s the first I heard of it. Until I see more then most likely it’s a fluke and a problem with how it was done at the factory. If you bought from TH then contact them.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:44 PM   #756
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
If I had seen a lot more collectors with this complaint then it’s an issue. However it’s the first I heard of it. Until I see more then most likely it’s a fluke and a problem with how it was done at the factory. If you bought from TH then contact them.
Just searched the word "lean" in this thread. Here's what was reported back in April:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexdriver View Post
Wondering if anyone else’s Harley has started to lean? Tried packing the statue back in the box and realised that the translucent jet flames which acts as the support for Harley is quite substantially bent and cannot fit into the cut out of the styrofoam box. Had to the the hair-dryer fix to get it back in shape.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:55 PM   #757
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Have had some hot weather, but so far so good, foot is in solid contact with the flames.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:08 AM   #758
built2shred
Phoenix

so far 3 reported cases of it.. could be a bad batch from the factory.... are all these EX's I wonder?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:17 AM   #759
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Mine is an exclusive.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:16 AM   #760
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Damn...I've been worried about displaying her for this very reason. I boxed mine up a few months ago and noticed the inner side of the flame peg was pressing firmly against the styrofoam. It might be nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was the beginning of a lean. I can't help but wonder if mine would look like bwestley's if I hadn't boxed it up.

@built2shred...how does that gorilla glue tape work? Does it come off easily enough to box up the statue? Any residue?
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote