Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-06-2020, 01:19 AM   #271
Biggunz
Loki

I don’t know. After seeing this some more I’m starting to like it better then the Og. And hes height stands out. 26 inches and prime 1s is I think 32 inches.

OGs starting to seem a little too exaggerated in the upstairs
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:28 AM   #272
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Agree. There is no consistency and they have never really explained the difference.
They actually tried during a stream once and it still wasn’t clear. They mentioned a complex base and that the Deadpool Heatseeker would’ve been labeled a maquette if it was released later.

Of course we all know that isn’t true as Bane’s base is quite simple.

So yeah dart board would be my guess.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:35 AM   #273
Peedi
The Secret Six

Yeah, I think at one point they had a clearer description of what a Maquette is and they made sure to make that clear to us. But the current releases go against what they said a Maquette is so it’s only causing confusion.

They released 1/4 scale comic book characters as Premium Format Figures, Comiquettes and Maquettes with varying qualifications of what those terms mean over the years. People can be dumb but they aren’t that dumb. We don’t need various naming schemes to differentiate between statues that are all in the same general category of collecting, in this case 1/4 scale statues. Everything should be a Premium Format, keep that single name for the branding purpose. Anything else pertaining to the statue, like intricacy, engineering, size, parts, etc, and how those things do or don’t play into the price of what’s being sold will speak for itself without the name gimmicks.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #274
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really don't know what the point of the 1/4 labels is, ut only thing with the last two maquettes that would make sense to me is that they are done in different factory.

They both have pain elements that I'm guessing their standard factory might struggle replicating.

But really who knows. Maquette term is losing some of its prestige here.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:51 PM   #275
SONICobra
Batman

https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300750

hes up. planning on picking this up but not today, might wait for es might not. i want to support batman rogues so ill probably jump on in a couple weeks as the ex is a must for me

how is freeze $60 more?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:55 PM   #276
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm going to wait until NYCC to see if they show off a Penguin and/or Riddler. If they do, I'll preorder Bane, if not........I'll probably still preorder Bane.

MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:57 PM   #277
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ctibles-300750

hes up. planning on picking this up but not today, might wait for es might not. i want to support batman rogues so ill probably jump on in a couple weeks as the ex is a must for me

how is freeze $60 more?
If the es is really high you gonna pass?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:49 PM   #278
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
If the es is really high you gonna pass?
no i dont care about es at all but the longer i wait the longer i dont have to put a deposit down and start payments

i do want to support the rogues though and unlike freeze i feel the price is reasonable and has an ex i actually want
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:52 PM   #279
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
no i dont care about es at all but the longer i wait the longer i dont have to put a deposit down and start payments

i do want to support the rogues though and unlike freeze i feel the price is reasonable and has an ex i actually want
lol I hear you brother. Earlier I was changing dates around on my payment plans to make sure I have money to pay when they're due.

I'd love to have this Bane but I had to go with the Michael Myers 1/4 and I'm also getting the black Spidey when they put it up for preorder.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:40 PM   #280
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, not going to jump on this just yet. I already have the previous Bane, so I'd rather get Freeze first. Makes more sense since Scarecrow is already locked in.

And if I don't get a chance to get this, then I'd still be fine with that. My rogue gallery still grows either way.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote