Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-17-2023, 09:12 AM   #121
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Regrets? As the collecting community edges closer to the abyss/the end? What a timely thread.

I collect Sideshow, & as far as that goes, no regrets, & in fact could not be more pleased with what I've received, hard to keep up as I expand my scope.

Nothing is perfect, but as I've stated many times before, I find these new sculpts to be superior in every way, from anatomy, concept, to paint, as compared to previously owned sculpts from "yesterday".

Great, great stuff, I just hope it lasts.

P.S. The funny thing is, like everyone else, I at times question the validity of what we do, along with the fcked-up prices. Ironically, when I have doubts when ordering a piece, and feel unease until I receive, my gal (who is really starting to have issues with "da boxes"), always comes through, as she validates the simple truth.

These Sideshow sculpts have improved vastly across the board. Take it from a gal who for now, is still tolerating the horde, & even understands that there is no way we can stop, until we get a fcking HULK!!!!

Great stuff, greater gal.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:16 AM   #122
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
I had only W purchases this year. I am happy about all of them.
?W purchases??
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 11:32 AM   #123
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Regrets? As the collecting community edges closer to the abyss/the end? What a timely thread.

I collect Sideshow, & as far as that goes, no regrets, & in fact could not be more pleased with what I've received, hard to keep up as I expand my scope.

Nothing is perfect, but as I've stated many times before, I find these new sculpts to be superior in every way, from anatomy, concept, to paint, as compared to previously owned sculpts from "yesterday".

Great, great stuff, I just hope it lasts.

P.S. The funny thing is, like everyone else, I at times question the validity of what we do, along with the fcked-up prices. Ironically, when I have doubts when ordering a piece, and feel unease until I receive, my gal (who is really starting to have issues with "da boxes"), always comes through, as she validates the simple truth.

These Sideshow sculpts have improved vastly across the board. Take it from a gal who for now, is still tolerating the horde, & even understands that there is no way we can stop, until we get a fcking HULK!!!!

Great stuff, greater gal.
It definitely feels like one is due. And something that is just a good ol' Hulk, not some gladiator or venomized piece.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:55 PM   #124
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Divo, I have pretty much loved every SS piece I’ve ever owned, but I really should have put some thought into what I wanted to collect when I set out, mostly from a space/display perspective. Trouble is, I talk myself into things too easily, lol. Seriously though if it all dried up tomorrow I have a collection I’d be happy with.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 03:19 PM   #125
dechirico7
The Flash

I am starting to build the "meh" feeling for a few pieces:

Tweeterhead Teela - I have a feeling I will never have a companion piece for this statue. I was looking forward to Sorceress, but I am losing hope and interest.

Fairytale Fantasies Tinkerbell and Cinderella - If I need more room for other pieces I might rehome these statues. For me, they just don't have the impact of the others.

These aren't really from 2023, but the only applicable examples I can think of..
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 11:04 AM   #126
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
It definitely feels like one is due. And something that is just a good ol' Hulk, not some gladiator or venomized piece.

Yes, pure HULK, full sculpt, no gimmicks needed. Vein popping, huge, full of menace & bulk, hyper detailed, in your face.

A HULK where all other figures I own bow their heads, because in the end, I need an "anchor" for this whole thing, & HULK is it!

Can't wait, hope it's not too late, & the industry does not run out of runway!?
Old 12-18-2023, 11:20 AM   #127
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Divo, I have pretty much loved every SS piece I?ve ever owned, but I really should have put some thought into what I wanted to collect when I set out, mostly from a space/display perspective. Trouble is, I talk myself into things too easily, lol. Seriously though if it all dried up tomorrow I have a collection I?d be happy with.

T, I thought the theme was 2023? But if you speak of the past, sure I have regrets, but in the end i look back at some of the "stinker" choices as learning curves/a process.

And to be fair, back in the day, everything was "cheaper/more affordable, & that made it easy to spend blindly, abandoning our initial collecting themes, & buying stuff we really didn't need.

I've been there, but it doesn't mean I have to settle and stay there? And I haven't, and the result has been a pretty cool run.

But I will admit that if it all came crashing down, & I missed out on even my sought after HULK(?), it was a hell of a fun, maddening run!

P.S. But, I can't help the feeling that the best is yet to come, hoping the industry/community can/will hang-on.
Old 12-18-2023, 12:05 PM   #128
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
T, I thought the theme was 2023? But if you speak of the past, sure I have regrets, but in the end i look back at some of the "stinker" choices as learning curves/a process.

And to be fair, back in the day, everything was "cheaper/more affordable, & that made it easy to spend blindly, abandoning our initial collecting themes, & buying stuff we really didn't need.

I've been there, but it doesn't mean I have to settle and stay there? And I haven't, and the result has been a pretty cool run.

But I will admit that if it all came crashing down, & I missed out on even my sought after HULK(?), it was a hell of a fun, maddening run!

P.S. But, I can't help the feeling that the best is yet to come, hoping the industry/community can/will hang-on.

i certainly hope so
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 02:32 PM   #129
Wizard
Justice League

Other than having some level of regret starting a costly and space consuming statue collection, my level of purchase regret no longer exists. For those of us who have been doing this for awhile, the majority of us should now only be making purchases based on heart, mind and money. My favorite character is Superman, yet anything over 2K (inclusive of shipping) is not a purchase option. I debated the JND piece, but in the end, no. I would like the 1/6 XM Superman Dio, but over 2K, no. I currently have two custom pieces on PO. A Superman, of course. And a Michael Jordan. Previous work from the two customs have me at zero regret eventhough statues are still in early production.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 02:48 PM   #130
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
I am starting to build the "meh" feeling for a few pieces:

Tweeterhead Teela - I have a feeling I will never have a companion piece for this statue. I was looking forward to Sorceress, but I am losing hope and interest.

Fairytale Fantasies Tinkerbell and Cinderella - If I need more room for other pieces I might rehome these statues. For me, they just don't have the impact of the others.

These aren't really from 2023, but the only applicable examples I can think of..
Losing interest is what it is but if TrapJaw and BeastMan and Mer-Man made it Sorceress is a shoo-in. People want line depth so they can't deliver Teela, Sorceress, and She-Ra in back to back years.
Other than the He-Man Battle Cat should have at least been in the same scale, I would not change a thing about how Tweeterhead is doing MOTU.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote