Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-23-2005, 01:33 AM   #21
kar-kar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I've sold them 3 Mini Busts 1 was the Chrome Punisher bust wich they are reselling at a higher price,nothing wrong with that,they have been very active on ebay lately and I guess there trying to establish themselves as a good seller.But they didnt leave me feedback
kar-kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #22
claws181
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've been burned in the past by pre-orders. There's too much that can happen wrong. Plus your window for a refund is looooong passed by the time something does go wrong. If you have the money to possibly lose, then go for it.

I understand trying to get a good deal and all, but if you lose your $$ on a pre-order then you'll end up paying almost double for something when you get it later on. To me, it's not worth the risk.
claws181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 03:21 AM   #23
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

made an order with them, no problems at all
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 04:05 PM   #24
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Pre orders on eBay can be sucessful. BUT there is too much leeway for problems to occur.

Twice I have been burned on pre orders with sellers who had excellent feedback and then, for whatever reason, closed up shop and took off with mine and others cash.

When you pre order it's always a gamble. Moreso on eBay. If you pre order at all do it with someone you can trust with your wallet, because essentially, that's what you're doing.

Just know the risks and make an educated decision.

But for me-never again.
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 09:35 PM   #25
FNGrimm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpknface
The guy's ebay handle is: onlinetradingatl. I looked through their feedback, which is good, but I thought it was weird that 1 of the FB's was for the Bowen Hobgoblin MB, which hasn't shipped yet.

Here is their about me page desc:

Welcome to the eBay about Me page of OnlinetradingATL.
In the case of this seller account, it should be called the eBay about Us Page. OnlinetradingATL is a new on-line business based in Atlanta founded by three business partners that have a combined total of over 30 years in retail and collectibles business. The majority of your merchandise is brand new and comes directly from 1 of our 4 warehouses located throughout the United States. Since we are direct with most of our suppliers, we hope to be able to always offer the best prices available.

We will always provide great customers service and timely replies to all requests. Your happiness and satisfaction is our number one goal. We view your feedback as the completion of our transaction. We believe that when a customer posts their feedback that this is the only way to really gage whether they are truly satisfied with their items and our service. Once a customer has posted feedback they will receive feedback within 3 business days. We want all of our customers to come back and shop over and over again
Anyone?

dp noy buy from them, my fiance had quite the tale to tell with them as they charged her for a thanos which they claimed was in stock and didnt have the paint defect, and shipped her a man thing, after she only asked if they had it in stock at a reasonable price. Who does that? terrible respinse time on their part too
FNGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 09:36 PM   #26
FNGrimm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

oh and in case anyones wondering, it wasnt a preorder becuase she bid on it after it was shipped from bowen, they claimed it was "new and in stock"
FNGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 10:48 PM   #27
Underdog07
Hercules

Justy won a Scarlett Spidey from her for under $80 so I hope they live up to their end of the deal. I think they did not realize the importance of setting a reserve ro a realistic minimum bid on pre-orders. That seems to have been rectified as most statues now have a minimum bid of about a 20% discount instead of starting at $1.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 11:44 PM   #28
Capt. America
Kindly Asked To Leave

The only problem with that is they can always say they got allicated....and give you a refund...that would save them from selling it so cheap.
Capt. America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 12:33 AM   #29
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkhero
The only problem with that is they can always say they got allicated....and give you a refund...that would save them from selling it so cheap.
An excellent point. I could see that happening bc otherwise they would lose money on it.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote