Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-07-2020, 04:21 PM   #111
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

With Sideshow's record, they'll start a Fantastic Four line then not finish it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #112
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
With Sideshow's record, they'll start a Fantastic Four line then not finish it.
They already did, I have the OG Thing statue. He's great and there are plenty of other statues he can be displayed with but he really needs the other members of his family. A new thing statue would have to be pretty special for me to consider replacing him, bearing in mind it would cost twice the price of him.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:00 AM   #113
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I can see a new Dr Doom in future , Black Panther and hopefully a Namor. All of these are long over due core characters .

The FF would be amazing for fans but don’t see that until all the Xmen are finished which seems to be the direction SS is going .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:38 AM   #114
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

We will see a lot of movie based FF characters for sure when they show up in the MCU.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:54 PM   #115
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

If there is a movie in the works they will probably do hot toys FF, and then maybe some PF's.

Question, do you think that some how there was a leak with SS Silver surfer being made, and that's why a ton of custom's are coming out to try and beat SS to market? I mean kinda makes sense to me and I think he's a cool character, but didn't realize he was so popular so many customs need to come out for him.

So if we see how see tons of customs of certain characters maybe it's an indication SS is working on it?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #116
adee
Green Arrow

Are there really that many customs?

I’ve seen a few but I don’t use social media sites.

I assume that’s where everyone is seeing these?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #117
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Are there really that many customs?

I’ve seen a few but I don’t use social media sites.

I assume that’s where everyone is seeing these?
i see most of them on instagram but theres a youtube channel xtreme collectibles that has reviews of any of the ones released so far and talks about all the other ones he has on order from time to time
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:23 PM   #118
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
If there is a movie in the works they will probably do hot toys FF, and then maybe some PF's.

Question, do you think that some how there was a leak with SS Silver surfer being made, and that's why a ton of custom's are coming out to try and beat SS to market? I mean kinda makes sense to me and I think he's a cool character, but didn't realize he was so popular so many customs need to come out for him.

So if we see how see tons of customs of certain characters maybe it's an indication SS is working on it?
I doubt it. More likely, customs are being made of characters that Sideshow is neglecting. Once there are rumblings that Sideshow is working on a character, I would think custom makers would stay away, fearing their piece might be overshadowed by Sideshow's.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:36 PM   #119
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post

It does make you wonder.

It could also be that one particular custom was so popular that other people saw demand for it and decided to get in on the action. Maybe that demand caught Sideshow's attention so they decided to announce him now to head off some collectors from jumping onto the customs.

Perhaps if there were 3 or 4 custom Storm statues being made SS would've made her a priority.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:37 PM   #120
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i see most of them on instagram but theres a youtube channel xtreme collectibles that has reviews of any of the ones released so far and talks about all the other ones he has on order from time to time
Thanks SONICobra, I was able to see one I hadn’t before and really liked it!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote