Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-10-2016, 11:49 AM   #11
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Yes please.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #12
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Does everyone get charged final payment at the same time or only when you piece is about to ship?

Just thinking about paypal protection time period with buying from third party suppliers
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #13
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Does everyone get charged final payment at the same time or only when you piece is about to ship?

Just thinking about paypal protection time period with buying from third party suppliers
I have not ordered from actual third party suppliers, but I have ordered from middle men sellers who live in Sinagpore.

They require a deposit up front plus a fee for thier time. The deposit matches what is on the XM site.

As for PayPal you get 180 days if you pay as goods. Most likely this will expire before the piece ships. If you have had good transactions with the seller just save the fees and send as gift because your protection will run out anyways.

I'm waiting for the day when Sideshow partners with XM and is able to sell thier amazing product.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #14
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Probably won't happen...like...ever!

Believe me...I'd like that to happen...at least with the Top Cow and other non-Marvel / Star Wars / DC stuff...since SS already has those licenses and distribute for other companies that have them as well (Prime 1, IS, etc.).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:44 AM   #15
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
I have not ordered from actual third party suppliers, but I have ordered from middle men sellers who live in Sinagpore.

They require a deposit up front plus a fee for thier time. The deposit matches what is on the XM site.

As for PayPal you get 180 days if you pay as goods. Most likely this will expire before the piece ships. If you have had good transactions with the seller just save the fees and send as gift because your protection will run out anyways.

I'm waiting for the day when Sideshow partners with XM and is able to sell thier amazing product.
Yeh im the same as you. Buying from a middle man.
but still wondering does the remaining of the cost get charged when your item or batch is about to ship? Or does everyone het charge at the same time?

The way Xm are going theyll never partner with SS. Why would they when they are completely capable of selling all their stock/most of straight up? I wouldnt partner with another company so they can get a cut. But i too would like it for ease of purchases for us international buyers
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:36 AM   #16
Lotus000
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
Yeh im the same as you. Buying from a middle man.
but still wondering does the remaining of the cost get charged when your item or batch is about to ship? Or does everyone het charge at the same time?

The way Xm are going theyll never partner with SS. Why would they when they are completely capable of selling all their stock/most of straight up? I wouldnt partner with another company so they can get a cut. But i too would like it for ease of purchases for us international buyers
The middle man I'm dealing with actually goes to the XM store and picks up the order. Then he takes that box to get a quote from DHL. The seller contacts me and informs me what the shipping charge is, along with the balance I owe for the Statue itself. I then make the payment to him, and he ships. I receive the Statue in about 4 business days.
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:38 AM   #17
HBK83
The Avengers

Seems like they might be testing the waters with higher prices. Seeing how much their pieces are being sold for in the secondary market. With this yea they need a payment plan. I'm not sure if they realize their pieces are selling out instantly to be sold to other markets
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote