Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-25-2023, 02:07 PM   #71
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Good to know. Mine didn't either, even though the box said it does, and there is an unboxing video of the piece showing the print. Maybe last minute they scrapped it. Too bad, really.
When I bought the Wytch through SS it didn?t have the print with it either, but they got in touch with Level52?s customer services and they sent one straight out?
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 02:29 PM   #72
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Mine did not cone with a print either from Specfiction.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:47 PM   #73
Mammal
Blue Falcon

I wrote SpecFiction, and they said none of them came with the print.

I then wrote Level 52, and they said the print should have been in the box. They said they thought they were out, but they would check and let me know Monday. Never heard back.

So probably no print. I’m a little annoyed I didn’t get an apology from SF as their site even indicates a print is included (and they ghosted me on a follow up question). Still a good deal for a nice statue though, so I’ll probably let it slide.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 05:47 PM   #74
qz33
Rescue

When did you get this? Around the March 24th or 25th? If so hardly long enough to claim never hearing back and being ghosted.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:30 PM   #75
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
When did you get this? Around the March 24th or 25th? If so hardly long enough to claim never hearing back and being ghosted.
Thanks for the opinion on my choice of words. It’s very valuable to me.

The ghosted comment was in regards to Spec Fiction and their rewards points. But it’s not the first time. I’ve had numerous issues getting a response out of Todd at Spec Fiction over the years. He seems like a nice guy, but I’ve had multiple conversations with him where he just vanished mid-conversation, and I had issues ever getting a response. I’ve talked to multiple others with the same issue, FWIW.

If somebody has a pattern or practice of doing that, and then leaves my question on read for 4 days (5 now), I feel comfortable going ahead and saying ”ghosted.” Especially in a circumstance where I already didn’t get what was advertised, or even an apology; I’m not feeling overly charitable.
Old 03-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #76
nearmint
Phoenix

To be fair, he was exhibiting at a convention 3/23-3/26.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 01:40 PM   #77
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Thanks for the opinion on my choice of words. It’s very valuable to me.

The ghosted comment was in regards to Spec Fiction and their rewards points. But it’s not the first time. I’ve had numerous issues getting a response out of Todd at Spec Fiction over the years. He seems like a nice guy, but I’ve had multiple conversations with him where he just vanished mid-conversation, and I had issues ever getting a response. I’ve talked to multiple others with the same issue, FWIW.

If somebody has a pattern or practice of doing that, and then leaves my question on read for 4 days (5 now), I feel comfortable going ahead and saying ”ghosted.” Especially in a circumstance where I already didn’t get what was advertised, or even an apology; I’m not feeling overly charitable.

^ You're very welcome! Yeah I've had some uh ohs with Spec and communication but really I was more referring to Level 52 checking if they had any.
Spec may have asked them as well. For similar questions to manufacturers it's taken a couple weeks or more. Retailers like Secret Compass have taken a month or more and multiple emails for answers.

No offense intended just that you or someone else could keep checking and maybe things turn out. I would not just give up after waiting 5 days but that's me. Your way is cool too.
Old 03-29-2023, 01:59 PM   #78
SDguy

I spoke with Spec, with Level52 as well, and while everyone was pleasant and polite, and communicative, at the end of the day I have no print . As already stated, it's not a deal breaker, especially at the price I paid, but annoying, that's all.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:20 PM   #79
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ You're very welcome! Yeah I've had some uh ohs with Spec and communication but really I was more referring to Level 52 checking if they had any.
Spec may have asked them as well. For similar questions to manufacturers it's taken a couple weeks or more. Retailers like Secret Compass have taken a month or more and multiple emails for answers.

No offense intended just that you or someone else could keep checking and maybe things turn out. I would not just give up after waiting 5 days but that's me. Your way is cool too.
No, I’ve got no real issues with Level 52’s response; I actually emailed them back immediately thanking them for responding so quickly, since they responded in a few hours, on a Saturday no less. They said they’d check Monday, but they basically said this sold out years ago and that they didn’t expect to have any prints, so I’m not holding my breath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint
To be fair, he was exhibiting at a convention 3/23-3/26.
Cool, but he read my message immediately, and he has been online on Messenger the entire time since, including right now. How time consuming is it to say, ”I’ll look into it and get back to you?”

(I reiterate that I’m waiting on a response from SF not about the print issue, but on an issue that’s entirely within SF’s control.)

And like I said, I’m not basing criticism off of any one incident in isolation, or even just my own experiences.

I’ve now spent several posts explaining a topic that… as I said in my first post… I was only “a little annoyed” over to begin with. Come on.
Old 03-29-2023, 02:49 PM   #80
qz33
Rescue

Whee!!!