Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-13-2023, 10:27 AM   #611
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
How is it not explained? An NRD is a NRD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Agree.
To be fair, I do like Sideshow's policy of allowing full refund of NRDs if a piece is 3 months or more late. I also like that you can check on your orders page which items have exceeded that time frame.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 04:31 PM   #612
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
To be fair, I do like Sideshow's policy of allowing full refund of NRDs if a piece is 3 months or more late. I also like that you can check on your orders page which items have exceeded that time frame.
And that policy is relatively new. When I first started collecting, that didn't exist. I forget exactly when it started. Was it 2020?

And to be fair, given that most pieces, that aren't Sideshow are usually delayed, it would be a terrible business decision. Essentially, it'll make having NRD's null and void. Especially in the age of shipping in batches, which is the case here with Spec. Heck, maybe that's part of the reason why Sideshow is needing to have all these non-stop sales to move excess stock.

Whereas I who ordered my Queen pieces through Sugo here in Australia, may receive mine more or less on time, those who order through many other retailers located in the US aren't nearly so lucky.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 05:12 PM   #613
Nicodimas
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
How is it not explained? An NRD is a NRD.
The money put down wasnt explained it will not be refunded well. If you put several hundred dollars down and you gotta back out it should been a percentage, not the full amount. He def didnt let me back out. Life Lesson learned

NRD.. should be clearly posted and a fair amount. Obviously I stopped doing business after this experience.. just saying as people may not be aware compared to other businesses that post it in front of their sales.
Nicodimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 05:43 PM   #614
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

For the life of me I have no idea why no one bothers to read a websites FAQs, info, about etc. especially when spending thousands of dollars on this hobby. It's clearly stated in this link on SF's own website the rules. It's all been there since the site update in 2019. I PO'ed both the rooted and sculpted and changed my mind last year and cancelled but I knew I'd lose both deposits.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/pages/pre-orders
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:39 PM   #615
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodimas View Post
The money put down wasnt explained it will not be refunded well. If you put several hundred dollars down and you gotta back out it should been a percentage, not the full amount. He def didnt let me back out. Life Lesson learned

NRD.. should be clearly posted and a fair amount. Obviously I stopped doing business after this experience.. just saying as people may not be aware compared to other businesses that post it in front of their sales.
The NRD more often than not is dependent on the manufacturer and not the retailer. So you’ll find that Queen Studios and Infinity etc has about a 30% deposit/NRD. So this isn’t limited to Spec, most of the other retailers for these pieces have similar NRD’s (except for Sideshow and maybe one or two others, because frankly they’re big enough to be able to afford it, if necessary).

Which is why in many of their threads you’ll have collectors complaining about their initial deposits/NRD.

Heck I think my retailer of choice, Sugo, has even higher NRD’s, because they always round it way up, because they account for shipping and customs etc.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:50 PM   #616
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
For the life of me I have no idea why no one bothers to read a websites FAQs, info, about etc. especially when spending thousands of dollars on this hobby. It's clearly stated in this link on SF's own website the rules. It's all been there since the site update in 2019. I PO'ed both the rooted and sculpted and changed my mind last year and cancelled but I knew I'd lose both deposits.

https://www.specfictionshop.com/pages/pre-orders
Unfortunately that would require extra effort on their part. Many people nowadays want information to be provided as simple as possible.

Through the larger retailers NRD’s can be negotiated. Heck Popcultcha here in Australia, they’re at least 100% transferable. But it seems for the amateur collector who has only purchased pieces via the Sideshows of the world who only have 10% deposits, aren’t aware that even relatively large NRD’s are exactly that, non refundable, non transferable deposits.

I’ve read Spec is sometimes willing to discuss the issue with customers, but that’s probably dependant on many factors, and it seems to be determined on a case by case basis.

In black and white on their site:

WE OFFER THREE DIFFERENT WAYS TO PLACE PRE-ORDERS THROUGH OUR SITE:
DEPOSIT OPTION
WITH THIS OPTION, YOU WILL BE CHARGED A DEPOSIT AND THE REMAINING BALANCE WILL BE DUE WHEN THE ITEM IS READY TO SHIP. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR PAY LATER PRE - ORDER WITHIN 2 DAYS, THE DEPOSIT WILL BE REFUNDED. IF YOU CANCEL AFTER 2 DAYS, THE DEPOSIT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.

But as it’s not on the item page, it might as well not even exist to some. Even though it’s obvious to many, I guess it’s not to all.

And it’s certainly got to suck, when life happens, and you’re forced to cancel. And no one likes to blame themselves for decisions that end up going against themselves.
Old 03-27-2023, 07:50 PM   #617
N7rebel
Frackin!

Any other US collectors still waiting to receive the sculpted hair version? My preorder date was May 2021.
N7rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:06 PM   #618
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7rebel View Post
Any other US collectors still waiting to receive the sculpted hair version? My preorder date was May 2021.
Yep.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:16 PM   #619
N7rebel
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Yep.
Okay, thanks. That actually makes me feel a little better. SF told me it was coming at the end of March around. Hope that?s still the case.
N7rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 04:36 PM   #620
nearmint
Phoenix

Got to see the artist's edition at WonderCon:

https://youtu.be/7sDDB3smmMg