Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #501
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Shading will be the final stage after I'm done repainting Cain.
I hope to capture this look.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #502
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I won't get into a debate over paint or which version is more correct. Everyone has in their mind what they are expecting and when you receive something and it's not what you are imagining no matter how cool you'll be disappointed.

Phil and I approved every stage of this process and honestly this was his Legacy series. In the end I had one customer to make happy, Phil Tippett.

Phil sold his Cain and his ED-209 because we were making these and they sit right beside his Oscar and many other awards. At the end of the day if Phil is happy, I'm happy.

These weren't money makers for us, they were more of a statement of what we were here to do, that's to make art.

I did my best and we used the best factories, we'll learn from these going forward, but I think the vocal few that didn't like the paint finish on these are in the minority considering how many Cain replicas we actually sold.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #503
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Nice.
Phil Tippett approves.. that's all I need to hear.

Cannot wait to get my Cain replica.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #504
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

That's why I bought two Cains.
One I can redo at my liking and one I keep untouch, my Tippett approved replica.
ED-209 is just spot on so I just need one
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #505
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
That's why I bough two cain.
One I can redo at my liking and one I keep untouch, my Tippett approved replica.
ED-209 is just spot on so I just need one

Yep, ED looks amazing. I see absolutely nothing off about it. That's what I can't figure out.. the comment that the weathering is bad on these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Chronicle gotta offer a version that's not weathered though. The weathering on Cain and ED are too heavy handed and that take the awesomeness away a bit...

I have yet to see a single hint of any weathering being 'heavy handed' on ED.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #506
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Going back a page or two, thanks everyone. Wish I was able to get some day time pics in much better light but unfortunately today has turned out even busier than yesterday

Regarding the finish, like most of the guys here, I've purchased statues and prop replicas from just about every producer, and I can honestly say I have absolutely no complaints with the finish on any of the Chronicles pieces (Cain, ED and the Terror Dog). These really are some of the best pieces I've ever bought.

I'll admit, I'm not as pernickety as some collectors here, and I know some guys like to tweak their stuff irrespective, but I think the finish on each of my Chronicle pieces is stellar
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #507
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Nidgit,

Thank you sir, that's high praise, you and Mike are why I do this along with our legion of Statue Forum members and customers.

All of our pieces I take very personally and with a few bumps in the road I feel they came out way above my expectations.

Nidgit, have you written Amy to get your Free Shirt? You certainly qualify based on what you've ordered.

You guys keep supporting us and I'll keep making the coolest shizz possible.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #508
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
You guys keep supporting us and I'll keep making the coolest shizz possible.

Paul
For sure. Bring on the T-Rex! Daylight's wasting~
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:41 PM   #509
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMe_Snake View Post
I have yet to see a single hint of any weathering being 'heavy handed' on ED.
Sure.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #510
CallMe_Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Sure.
Hmmm...

Not sure if that means you agree there are no images of ED with too much weathering or if you mean there are.. and you've seen them.

Haha, seriously I'm just curious.
In all of the in hand pics I've seen of ED he looks pretty great. I haven't heard anyone raise the issue of weathering on ED so I was not sure if there is an example somehwere that I missed? :/