Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-22-2021, 11:51 PM   #1
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Iron Studios - DC Comics Aquaman Deluxe Art Scale 1/10 Statue (2021)

For PO at $200

alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #2
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Looks good. Hope they make Mera also this time.
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #3
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Damn, looks good. Whatever happened to the old days of simple bases? Lower prices? What drew me to IS was the prices and the bases. The bases now aday are just as extravagant as the statue itself, if not more. Have to get it though because I missed out on their original Aquaman.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #4
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
Damn, looks good. Whatever happened to the old days of simple bases? Lower prices? What drew me to IS was the prices and the bases. The bases now aday are just as extravagant as the statue itself, if not more. Have to get it though because I missed out on their original Aquaman.
I agree. I like the smaller bases that helps keep the costs lower. The new ones may be a DC thing. They may be pushing for more extravagant pieces.

Ditto. Missed the first version and who knows when this version will be made in a larger scale. Too cool to pass up.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #5
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

That nose.....seems off to me. Looks very big and smashed. Other than that this version of Aquaman looks pretty awesome
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:17 AM   #6
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
I believe they kept getting feedback about doing more with the bases. I mean, I'm all for themed bases but they could've kept it a bit simpler.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:27 AM   #7
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

This looks good. I like it. And yea the bases get more and more dynamic. But that's ok for me. I never liked the simple black bases. They were boring. This one is a bit big, but still cool.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:56 PM   #8
gra007

Shouldn’t the octopus be visible inside of the wave? It looks to me like you can see right through the C shape of the wave. Those tentacles are on the outside bursting through the C, so you should see it inside of that C shape.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:32 AM   #9
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Shouldn’t the octopus be visible inside of the wave? It looks to me like you can see right through the C shape of the wave. Those tentacles are on the outside bursting through the C, so you should see it inside of that C shape.
You mean, like where's the octopus? Good question? Lol
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 12:46 PM   #10
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
First thing I said when I saw it. Maybe the rest of the octopus is hanging out somewhere with the rest of SS John Stewart's arm

Too bad because otherwise I love it!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote