Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-25-2022, 08:09 PM   #11
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I doubt they will get that in production. I have the Endgame BW and that we a let down.
As I mentioned the Solo BW is very good. I also have the 1/10 Endgame BW and that one certainly got softer during production, but the same can’t be said for the newer one. It’s great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakeasy View Post
I hope you are right because I have the Queens BW on order and I can’t have a 1:10 beating it in likeness. That just won’t make sense. Lol!!
I do too (both versions), but I would wager that Iron Studios tiny statue with a tiny face sculpt is going to end up being superior, at least where accuracy to the actors likeness is concerned.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:27 PM   #12
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

That BW is very tempting, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jackal View Post
I know Iron Studios stopped applying logic to their pricing, but for this basic Iron Man to cost 180$, the same price as the Endgame Iron Man with two torsos & a switch out head, is just ridiculous.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:02 PM   #13
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I don't understand how Iron Man is $180 when there's really not much else going for him compared to the rest.

Anyway, my wait for comics Avengers continues.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:22 PM   #14
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
I don't understand how Iron Man is $180 when there's really not much else going for him compared to the rest.

Anyway, my wait for comics Avengers continues.
For some reason MCU Iron Man pieces have nearly always been priced higher than others in their respective lines. After buying nearly every single one of Iron Studios Iron Man pieces in any of their three scales (other than Hulkbuster) I should know.
Old 02-28-2022, 09:36 PM   #15
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

This whole set looks great! Unfortunately Black Widow has a 50/50 chance to look like the prototype. Women's faces don't usually turn out so great for IS for some reason.

Hulk looks good tho. Iron Man of course. And the reason this Iron Man is $180 is because it has a stupid light up feature for the arc reactor in the chest. Probably runs on batteries or something. Which is dumb. Appreciate the ambition of IS but they could have ditched the light up feature and charged $25 less. I would have been ok with that.

This whole line though is money for me. I will be hopefully getting them all. I like that it's it's own contained diorama. Don't need more pieces. Could do Chitauri and Loki, but I'm ok with just the team. I hope they continue and do the Age of Ultron team as well, posed like when they team up at the end to find Ultron and the bots. I think IS made a 1/6 dio of that pose back in the day, but I'd love to see a more modern sculpt of it.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:58 AM   #16
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
This whole set looks great! Unfortunately Black Widow has a 50/50 chance to look like the prototype. Women's faces don't usually turn out so great for IS for some reason.

Hulk looks good tho. Iron Man of course. And the reason this Iron Man is $180 is because it has a stupid light up feature for the arc reactor in the chest. Probably runs on batteries or something. Which is dumb. Appreciate the ambition of IS but they could have ditched the light up feature and charged $25 less. I would have been ok with that.

This whole line though is money for me. I will be hopefully getting them all. I like that it's it's own contained diorama. Don't need more pieces. Could do Chitauri and Loki, but I'm ok with just the team. I hope they continue and do the Age of Ultron team as well, posed like when they team up at the end to find Ultron and the bots. I think IS made a 1/6 dio of that pose back in the day, but I'd love to see a more modern sculpt of it.
I still have all those 1/6 scale AOU pieces.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #17
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This diorama should have been Quarter Scale 1/4. Would have been a great centerpiece.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:26 AM   #18
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I was really hoping for a comic based diorama, similarly to the X-Men line

I suppose the movie line will always be prioritised since they have already paid for the license
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:56 PM   #19
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtle View Post
I was really hoping for a comic based diorama, similarly to the X-Men line

I suppose the movie line will always be prioritised since they have already paid for the license
I still fully expect that after IS finishes milking the X-Men comic 1/10 line (which could go on for a few more years honestly), they will attack a more general Avengers/Fantastic Four comic inspired 1/10 diorama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EStark View Post
This diorama should have been Quarter Scale 1/4. Would have been a great centerpiece.
I really don't know why IS won't make more 1/4 pieces. We only seem to get ONE new reveal each inside iron studios days. I mean I get they made their popularity last few years off 1/10 scale, and heck the 1/10 scale is why I jumped on their bandwagon. But that wore off for me and now i'm back into 1/4 scale. Just get better detail over 1/10 faces. Obviously a huge price difference.

Plus, they seem to have the "Infinity Saga" license, so if they do not have any restrictions on 1/4 pieces, then WHY do they not do other MCU lines? I'm still waiting FOREVER for a 1/4 MCU line Guardians of the Galaxy. Don't really care which movie they are based on, but would LOVE a set. Sideshow I believe has only ever done comic version GotG in 1/4 scale, and even then only got out what Gamora, Rocket & Groot? Never completed the line.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:44 PM   #20
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Now that Popcultcha has this up for preorder, I’m this close to preordering the entire set.

But whenever I get one of these 1/10 scale sets, I start adding it all up and thinking, for that kind of money I could get ‘insert large scale statue’.

To preorder the lot will cost me $1,539 AUD shipped, or about $1,123 USD (Sideshow is $1,010 before shipping and taxes).