Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #21
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

OG Iron Man FTW. I own the SS Comi and that's gonna be a very hard one to beat. Love the real flag Sideshow used for that one. I'm anxious to see how this comes along as the classic armor is my favorite.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #22
Thor57
Teen Titans

Bryan, will this have a similar base as the Avengers? I'm assuming so since it was said he was being made to go along with the others.

Wow, 3 1/4 Iron Mans and 1 1/6 Iron Man in XM's Infancy as a company. If there was any doubt he's now Marvels golden boy, it's slowly being wiped out.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #23
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I'm so glad XM went with the classic suit, IMO the best armor and it will look great with the rest of the classic Avengers.

Hoping for Classic Vision next.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #24
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Bryan, will this have a similar base as the Avengers? I'm assuming so since it was said he was being made to go along with the others.

Wow, 3 1/4 Iron Mans and 1 1/6 Iron Man in XM's Infancy as a company. If there was any doubt he's now Marvels golden boy, it's slowly being wiped out.
Yes all the avengers will be using NYC battle damaged streets as the base!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #25
Thor57
Teen Titans

You're the best. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
For the other classic Avengers, we could play with texture, seams, buckles but with this Classic Ironman, we will need to follow closely to the style guide or risk getting rejected when it comes to approvals. It's not easy but Seng and the creative team will be adding on the XM 'touch'.
Thx for the answer.

Like i said i´m not really in this classic version, but with the "XM Touch" anything can change.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #27
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
It's from Hive Studios ...so that implies that it's 1/6.

That's what I'm concluding until told otherwise.
You got HIVE mixed up with HMO. HIVE works on their 1/4 stuff.....maybe 1/6 as well for all I know.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:53 PM   #28
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by niishanth View Post

any timeline estimte by when this will be up for pre order?
Quite a while.....probably not for at least another year Nii.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #29
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Uhm, at first I was very disappointed. Hoped for this to be 1/6, there are quite a couple good comic suits that I'd like in 1/4 scale and this really isn't one of them.
I think that the design hardly blends with the rest of the Avengers, too raw, simple, old school, when all the others have had their costumes modernized.

BUT. Shroudan already said that they're gathering inputs to give this thing the extra edge, and while I hate diaper-panties, I also have a thing for retro sci-fi.

So, let's start with a few considerations. Imho, the trickier part on this one is going to be the helmeted head. It really looks funny in most of the comics, and it's the weakest spot of the suit, the spot that makes Iron Man look like Tin Man.
For reference, here is a good pic I'd use as ispiration.
Pose is good, not original, but good for the character. The destroyed background is already there and if there is a statue that may need half of a destroyed car on the base to add dramaticity, is this one.

Note that, as I said, imho the head is the weakest spot, the long thin neck with the bunny faceplate is all kind of wrong. Also, those quads are HUGE.
My suggestion would be to take that pic as reference, but with this helmet head:

And possibly, get rid of the classic diaper-panties and use the above pic as reference for the crotch piece.

Then, last suggestion. You want to make it modern while keeping that design - use hexagons. Hexagon patterns are synonim of sci fi and can really give an extra edge, use them.
This is an unused concept art for the IM3 Mark 42, note the hexagon patterns on chest, abs and legs. They make a world of difference and I bet that many wouldn't have disliked that suit if it was more similar to this concept art:

The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #30
Thor57
Teen Titans

I disagree with your entire post. If they went with all your suggestions, buy time they got done, they'd just have a 3rd modern Iron Man.

Classic Iron Man is supposed to look raw. Its supposed to look unadvanced, because it is. Its like his 2nd or 3rd piece of armor ever. Its not supposed to be fancy and look like it does in Iron Man 3. Or even Iron Man 1.

The motivation for classic Avengers is classic Avenger comics. Stick with that for motivation and it'll be fine.