Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-24-2020, 03:53 AM   #751
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Ok, so I got more info. I was told that this was a batch that they just received to fill the last of their previous orders on the piece that had not yet been fulfilled. They then started charging cards which is why I got the conversion. Having said this I think there is a chance it will become available again given potential cancellations and rejected waitlists. Who knows maybe they ordered extras. At any rate we may be seeing a small second wave for those that missed out the first time. Here’s hoping they packaged it better the second time to avoid the damaged heads.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:53 PM   #752
risingstar
Jedi Order

Can someone please tell me what they were charged for shipping sculpted Huntress? Sideshow just quoted me a crazy amount. It has to be a mistake.

Is this box bigger and heavier than the P1 Poison Ivy box? It seems not. Also, I do not think it is bigger than the Batman Hush which actually shipped in two boxes. The current charge for Huntress is more than 3.5 times (not joking) what I paid for Ivy just last week and more than double what I paid for Batman Hush in the late summer and that was two massive boxes, one of which was definitely labeled oversized.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #753
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Can someone please tell me what they were charged for shipping sculpted Huntress? Sideshow just quoted me a crazy amount. It has to be a mistake.

Is this box bigger and heavier than the P1 Poison Ivy box? It seems not. Also, I do not think it is bigger than the Batman Hush which actually shipped in two boxes. The current charge for Huntress is more than 3.5 times (not joking) what I paid for Ivy just last week and more than double what I paid for Batman Hush in the late summer and that was two massive boxes, one of which was definitely labeled oversized.
I paid $80 for shipping. I'm in the USA. Ships in two boxes. This was late last year though.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:28 PM   #754
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I paid $80 for shipping. I'm in the USA. Ships in two boxes. This was late last year though.

$80 for two boxes! Good grief!
EDIT: fixed my shipping price issue with Sideshow.

Did your portraits arrive intact? There does not seem to be much to this statue when compared to everything on the Ivy. Why two boxes, I wonder?
Old 11-04-2020, 01:05 PM   #755
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:

Did your portraits arrive intact? There does not seem to be much to this statue when compared to everything on the Ivy. Why two boxes, I wonder?
I paid $80 (sculpted version) also and am located in South Florida. The two boxes are 1. The body and 2. The base (which is large). My portrait came damaged and SS stayed they did not have replacements. I then turned to Prime 1 directly which charged $50 to ship a replacement. But they are shipping broken heads...on purpose. This was their response to my complaint. “ We would like to mention once again, I am sure you are well aware of this common issue among the collectors.
We have received similar inquiry as you and unfortunately, the packaging didn’t help to some of them which it end up broken. With that the customer was unable to display the statue for another 2 weeks.

In order to prevent this happening again to any of our customers, we have decided to separate them and put them in a separate Ziplock bag.
We hope you can understand that our intention is clearly to help them to receive as soon as possible for them to have it display.“ Believe me when I say you can’t make this stuff up. They basically broke my portrait so it wouldn’t break during shipping...wtf?!
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:22 PM   #756
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:

My portrait arrived intact. I guess they break the boxes up into two smaller ones so you don't get hit with an oversized charge, making the shipping like $300. Make sure they send you the mini crossbow.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #757
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
I paid $80 (sculpted version) also and am located in South Florida. The two boxes are 1. The body and 2. The base (which is large). My portrait came damaged and SS stayed they did not have replacements. I then turned to Prime 1 directly which charged $50 to ship a replacement. But they are shipping broken heads...on purpose. This was their response to my complaint. “ We would like to mention once again, I am sure you are well aware of this common issue among the collectors.
We have received similar inquiry as you and unfortunately, the packaging didn’t help to some of them which it end up broken. With that the customer was unable to display the statue for another 2 weeks.

In order to prevent this happening again to any of our customers, we have decided to separate them and put them in a separate Ziplock bag.
We hope you can understand that our intention is clearly to help them to receive as soon as possible for them to have it display.“ Believe me when I say you can’t make this stuff up. They basically broke my portrait so it wouldn’t break during shipping...wtf?!

I heard that this had happened... In the end, were you able to fix the "intentionally broken" one they sent you?

Shipping Huntress was $190 to Montreal. Ouch.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #758
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I was able to get someone to fix it which cost extra $$ of course. Prime 1 did send me some sand paper but no glue or paint so I could perform the repair myself.

$190 to Montreal sounds about right for two large boxes....its the painful reality of being in this hobby. I paid $275 shipping for a Prime 1 Doomsday so don't feel so bad, lol.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:12 PM   #759
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I’m on the wait list too but didn’t get any notice. MayI ask when you got on? It seems pretty late in the game for conversions. I hope these aren’t returns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Late in the game waitlists will be returns, bet on it, unless you get real lucky. I got a returned Alita, and no amount of excellent customer service can patch up the fact that they pass off returns as new. Don't bother fighting them if it bothers you, and only buy preorders and new releases well before they go to waitlist.

Frak. You were right. I got a return. I knew I was in potential trouble when I found remnants of old tape underneath a newer layer of tape as I was opening the box. The first thing I did was inspect the portrait and immediately discovered that tips of her hair which likely broke off at some point between original release and now were glued back on. What's worse is that the job was quite amateurish too as the glue used was so shiny, they might as well have put a neon sign above it saying "look here". It didn't match the matt paints of the rest of the hair either. There was no way to miss it. Secondly, additional evidence suggesting that this was an older package was that the smaller crossbow piece was missing... I believe this was an issue in early batches and corrected in later batches. ...Not only that, the paperwork (assembly instructions) looked quite manhandled and not new or flat. The styrofoam had chunks missing too which suggested lots of wear as well. I will be taking pictures and sending it to SS and will wait for a reply. I'd like a replacement.

Good grief. If people are going to be sent returns or repaired statues with missing pieces, they should be told and given a choice so they would not have to deal with such disappointment.

Sideshow must be held to a higher standard. I prefer to think this was an innocent mistake...
Old 11-08-2020, 02:34 AM   #760
solidgadium

Quote:
Frak. You were right. I got a return. I knew I was in potential trouble when I found remnants of old tape underneath a newer layer of tape as I was opening the box. The first thing I did was inspect the portrait and immediately discovered that tips of her hair which likely broke off at some point between original release and now were glued back on. What's worse is that the job was quite amateurish too as the glue used was so shiny, they might as well have put a neon sign above it saying "look here". It didn't match the matt paints of the rest of the hair either. There was no way to miss it. Secondly, additional evidence suggesting that this was an older package was that the smaller crossbow piece was missing... I believe this was an issue in early batches and corrected in later batches. ...Not only that, the paperwork (assembly instructions) looked quite manhandled and not new or flat. The styrofoam had chunks missing too which suggested lots of wear as well. I will be taking pictures and sending it to SS and will wait for a reply. I'd like a replacement.

Good grief. If people are going to be sent returns or repaired statues with missing pieces, they should be told and given a choice so they would not have to deal with such disappointment.

Sideshow must be held to a higher standard. I prefer to think this was an innocent mistake...
I wish you luck with your upcoming claim with SS but they will only give you the option for a full refund or a credit as they are out of replacements. Unfortunately when we get waitlist conversions this is what we are potentially going to deal with.