Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-25-2020, 01:45 AM   #471
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
It is inline with the other aliens & preds, and they want to sell (out) all of them. So they can offer more choice to fans..

I guess the BG Cover art Pred1 will not get 'high' ES either (and prob more DX than Reg).
Plus most predator fans already ordered it, so P1 can predict total amount even better.
Yeah but considering the price I figured this one would sell more.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:33 AM   #472
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Congrats! This piece will be hard to get in the future so good choice now that ES has been released
Thank you, and yeah I think it'll be a statue that some people may regret passing on years down the line, it probably won't come up for sale too often given the low ES. Prime 1 are making it an overly difficult purchase for a few reasons, but I suspect that it'll come good and we will receive a pretty awesome statue here. It's definitely a safe pose, but that's not a bad thing imo as it's so iconic, I really like this statue.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:37 AM   #473
Python
Omega Red

Also, I posted this in the jungle hunter thread, but it's more relevant here so I'll copy and paste it here also. I'm kind of residing myself to the possibility that the P1 & P2 might have to be displayed separately, but I'm still hoping to be pleasantly surprised and find that they are in fact closer in scale once they arrive.

The City hunter (freestanding) will be slightly smaller than in your comparison. When he's on flat ground, the triangular part at the bottom in your image is removed.

Like so...

Old 10-25-2020, 06:01 AM   #474
dao2
Cyclops

I really hope they get the patina down on the base (and helmet) of course as it really elevates the whole statue (sorry for pun).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:38 AM   #475
Vracula
Jedi Order

I hope we get A Pred 1 Wall art piece like this one.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:33 AM   #476
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I hope we get A Pred 1 Wall art piece like this one.
Hanging on to a tree, like it did in the movie, that would be pretty cool.......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #477
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The City hunter (freestanding) will be slightly smaller than in your comparison. When he's on flat ground, the triangular part at the bottom in your image is removed.
That's the thing, the measurements on Prime 1's site suggest a 4" difference between the two, which sounds about right scale-wise. But I believe the height they give for the CH is based on the wall display. The flat base will cut off another couple inches.

While I don't expect a big scale discrepancy, I fear their overall heights (or positions, rather) will be too different for a symmetrical display. It may look all the more unusual since CH is perched on an eagle, which suggests a higher vantage point than JH. I guess if wall-mounting was out of the question, one could build an extension for the base under the eagle to give it some more height.

EDIT: Something like this.

Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 04:55 PM   #478
Python
Omega Red

Yeah, it would be so helpful if we could just see the actual statues next to each other. I cannot figure out why Prime 1 haven't done so yet, it seems the obvious thing to do and it has been requested many times. Only reason I can think is that the City Hunter is bigger than we expect and they can't admit that it's 1/4 due to licensing constraints. That also sounds a lot like wishful thinking however I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I really hope they get the patina down on the base (and helmet) of course as it really elevates the whole statue (sorry for pun).

Yeah, fingers crossed, it is very easy to overdo (or even underdo) Such effects, but it is an important part of the P2's look for sure. I kind of hope they go for a more metallic look on the bio also although factories do tend to struggle with the delicate metallic paints.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:46 PM   #479
Halcyon
New Republic

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
That's the thing, the measurements on Prime 1's site suggest a 4" difference between the two .....

EDIT: Something like this.
If so, the difference in size is noticeable..
We will see.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #480
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, it would be so helpful if we could just see the actual statues next to each other. I cannot figure out why Prime 1 haven't done so yet, it seems the obvious thing to do and it has been requested many times. Only reason I can think is that the City Hunter is bigger than we expect and they can't admit that it's 1/4 due to licensing constraints.
I was going to say, putting those two side-by-side would make it hard to push the "we just happened to make them all 1/4 without admitting it" narrative they seem to be using.

Both the Warrior and Big Chap are listed as non-scale and haven't been displayed together, likely for similar reasons. They were always shown with a few pieces in between or on separate tables.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote