Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 09-25-2016, 05:41 PM   #21
Parallax
Nightwing

From what I've seen, IA was expecting Alex to spend most of his time reviewing IA products at STGCC. However, XM Studios gave him VIP treatment and brought him around their studio and gave him a tour of all of their products. I see nothing wrong with this as Alex is not anyone's property and has made it clear that he isn't loyal to any one company. I don't think making a sarcastic post on your personal Facebook page about your personal hobby after being attacked by a professional business owner is in any way, shape, or form, worse than what Danny did. Like Yeek said, this is a real company with people's salaries and livelihood at stake. They're not at stake because of Radd Titan though, they're at stake because Danny Lim is an unprofessional jackass who acts like a 13 year old on the playground.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #22
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think IA and Danny Lim obviously thought we've sent them 1000 of dollars of stuff so they should only be covering us but Alex/Geo have obviously never agreed to that.

It's pretty horrible to see posts from both sides saying stuff like "---- YOU" it's all pretty petty and totally unprofessional......it does really make me chuckle though lol.

I like Radd Titan but they are not the be all and end all of statue reviews they are popular enough in a small community but there are far bigger reviewers than them, so i don't know why Danny Lim felt that RT doing an XM Studios interview would hurt IA.

Maybe it does go a little deeper than whats on the surface.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:05 PM   #23
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Yep, we honestly probably don't know the whole story.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:17 PM   #24
aa909
The Green Hornet

"What Constitutes Defamation Online?

Defamation is generally defined as a false, published statement that is injurious to the plaintiff's reputation. An online posting, even on an obscure website, will likely be seen by a few people, thus satisfying the publication requirement.

Statements of Fact:
A plaintiff cannot succeed in his or her online defamation claim if the defendant's defamatory statement was true.

Opinions:
The defendant may try to argue that the statement was an opinion. Opinions are privileged under the law. As a result, plaintiffs cannot bring a defamation claim for an opinion. Importantly, however, an opinion that may be viewed as a statement of fact by a reasonable person will be deemed a statement of fact. The courts may interpret, "I think that [restaurant] has a rat infestation problem," as a statement of fact.

As a sharer or creator of content, always make sure that any information about a person or entity is truthful and would not be considered injurious to their reputation."

I'm in no way defending Danny Lim's behavior, but he only damages his own business (no one else's) by acting like an ***.

But if RT posted false statements about IA losing licenses and the owner filing bankruptcy, then they have tangible legal exposure. It also doesn't help that Alex tried back tracking his statements in an attempt to frame them retrospectively as "predictions" or opinions.

IMO RT has done real damage to IA here, because as a customer I was about to fork over $$$ for the IA Hulkbuster this week until I learned about RT's allegations about IA losing licenses, bankruptcy etc. I'm back on the fence until I figure out what's going in regard to RT's allegations.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:45 PM   #25
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

So if I read all this right:

We have a couple of guys who happened to start a FB group (Radd Titan) and they "review" statues. In other words , give their opinion. A lot of people follow their FB group. Not sure if that gives them legitimacy but whatever.

IA, for some bizarre reason, ship some of their pieces to them for reviewing. (I find this unbelievable. These guys have art degrees or some kind of experience in the industry?)

Radd Titan guys go to Singapore convention (still not sure if someone paid their way or not).

Radd Titan spends some time with IA, but apparently not enough according to Danny Lim but RT says Danny wasn't available much.

XM gives these RT guys VIP treatment.

Danny fro IA is furious that RT spent so much time with XM and not IA since IA has sent them these pieces for review.

That about it?

RT should sell the pieces they get from anyone for review and donate proceeds to charity. Otherwise they are just a couple of statue collectors who get some businesses to think they are "official" statue critiquers.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #26
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
So if I read all this right:

We have a couple of guys who happened to start a FB group (Radd Titan) and they "review" statues. In other words , give their opinion. A lot of people follow their FB group. Not sure if that gives them legitimacy but whatever.

IA, for some bizarre reason, ship some of their pieces to them for reviewing. (I find this unbelievable. These guys have art degrees or some kind of experience in the industry?)

Radd Titan guys go to Singapore convention (still not sure if someone paid their way or not).

Radd Titan spends some time with IA, but apparently not enough according to Danny Lim but RT says Danny wasn't available much.

XM gives these RT guys VIP treatment.

Danny fro IA is furious that RT spent so much time with XM and not IA since IA has sent them these pieces for review.

That about it?

RT should sell the pieces they get from anyone for review and donate proceeds to charity. Otherwise they are just a couple of statue collectors who get some businesses to think they are "official" statue critiquers.
Pretty much spot on.

I know they do have the pieces in their collections but they have sold or are selling some of the review pieces but i doubt it will go to charity.

Were not talking small pieces either, i think IA sent them 2 of the 1/3 Aquaman on Throne Prototypes and the 1/4 Hulkbuster Prototype and numerous Iron Man Life size Pieces....

Maybe that's why Danny feels like it's a kick in the balls......but like i say i doubt it's ever been mentioned to RT that they had to not mention any one else.

I mean they review everything, i think they have had pieces sent by HMO for free to review too like the Beastly Beauties Medusa bust.

Also as far as i know Alex did interviews with XM, Iron Studios, HMO and IA and probably more while he was there......
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #27
risingstar
Jedi Order

XM had numerous items on display - over 50, I think. There was no way IA was going to receive as much screen time with only having a fraction of that on display. All this to say, there's appears to be a sense of entitlement at both ends. Don't give if you expect something in return and don't take and expect to give zip in return.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #28
Squizzy614
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Someone that works for IA got on the FB post and said, IA is NOT losing any licenses and that Danny didn't file for bankruptcy... But who am I to say... Also, Alex from Radd Titan said, he paid for his Singapore trip 100% out of pocket
Squizzy614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #29
Rob N. Banks
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It's not like Radd Titan were the only ones to receive prototypes from IA for review. I know MadXCollector received a Hulkbuster. I don't know if there's anyone else though. I would have to assume IA sent these out to get attention. These review samples should have been turned down given how things have turned out. We really don't need statue reviewing to end up like video game journalism.
Rob N. Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #30
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

If anyone should be reviewing statues it should be people in the industry not just a couple of guys who happened to be one of the first to start up a Facebook group and video their comments/opinions.